Robert.

Ariana Grande Performs On The Today Show

The lengths she goes to to highlight her left side though. Seriously, it was a great performance. She sounded a bit falter-y at the start but as soon as she can belt it out, she's got it on lock. 

I think she's really secure with her vocals now but what she needs to improve is her stage presence. She lacks a little bit of confidence but she will get there oprah2

I think she's really secure with her vocals now but what she needs to improve is her stage presence. She lacks a little bit of confidence but she will get there oprah2

I agree. It's a lot to deal with, being in front of a crowd and them scrutinising you 100% while singing a song that has some vocal acrobatics, while also trying to dance. She definitely remembered the dance moves but seemed to do them half-heartedly, but if she had to sacrifice either her focus on her voice or her focus on dance, she chose correctly. Singing badly can wreck your reputation as a singer but dancing is more of a  no1curr unless you're already known as a performer, but Ariana's known for her voice, so it's k. 

As time goes on and she has the vocal and dance training she'll only get better. I sense a lot of insecurity from her in the way that she's really pedantic about her left side and her fans only taking photos that look good and she even cried on the red carpet one time she read tweets that dissed her hair and dress - she definitely feels the pressure already, as she grows up and her place in the industry is more secure, hopefully she can relax and perfect her craft. 

Also one more thing once you get done reading my essay fall1

Anyone noticed how her enunciation is a bit whack? Not even just in live performances, on the produced completed tracks of Problem and Break Free it's sometimes hard to understand what she's really saying. Like "this is the part where I say I don't want ya", the first part of the Break Free chorus, is commonly mistaken for "this is the part where I say I don't want it". Weird. 

Even Necki Menij made a comment about it in the latest eps with her performance  ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'> 
Just wondering if this is a thing you guys have picked up on as well or if some of us are just being overly pedantic. 

Also one more thing once you get done reading my essay fall1

Anyone noticed how her enunciation is a bit whack? Not even just in live performances, on the produced completed tracks of Problem and Break Free it's sometimes hard to understand what she's really saying. Like "this is the part where I say I don't want ya", the first part of the Break Free chorus, is commonly mistaken for "this is the part where I say I don't want it". Weird. 

Even Necki Menij made a comment about it in the latest eps with her performance  ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'> 

Just wondering if this is a thing you guys have picked up on as well or if some of us are just being overly pedantic. 

Yeah her enunciation is the worst in Break Free, she even acknowledged it herself once in an interview fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

It's bothering some people but I can understand her words in most songs rather clearly. If she uses her lower register she enunciates way better because when she does vocal runs she starts mumbling a bit fall6 But it could be worse imo moo1

Yeah her enunciation is the worst in Break Free, she even acknowledged it herself once in an interview fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

It's bothering some people but I can understand her words in most songs rather clearly. If she uses her lower register she enunciates way better because when she does vocal runs she starts mumbling a bit fall6 But it could be worse imo moo1

For sure, it's not enough to ruin anything, it's a catchy bop and you get the gist of what she's saying so it's fine. I had to look up the lyrics of Problem and The Way because there was so much I just missed and seemed to glaze over trying to understand  xtina1 

It's a common thing though, she doesn't enunciate the end of words so they just kinda run together or just skips out part of the word and imply the rest with inflections, but that's how most young people talk anyway. Like, instead of saying "mountain" and emphasising the T in the middle, it's common to just go "moun'n" and people know what you mean due to inflection and your timing of each syllable.