Liam

Taylor Swift Teams Up With Subway, Diet Coke

taylor-swift-subway-2014-billboard-650.j

Want to meet Taylor Swift on her next tour? Subway’s got you covered.

The world’s largest restaurant chain (42,741 locations globally) is teaming up with the best-selling pop star and Diet Coke for #MeetTaylor, a campaign that will give 31 fans a chance to win paid trips to meet Taylor Swift on her 2015 concert tour – one for every day in October, in anticipation for the Oct. 27 release date of her fifth album 1989.

The promotion kicks off October 1, with fans able to enter by purchasing a limited-edition, Swift-branded Diet Coke cup that will include a specially-marked code to enter the #MeetTaylor contest on www.subway.com or the Subway Freshbuzz App. Subway will advertise the Taylor tie-in via TV, radio, social media and in-restaurant advertising, with an undisclosed media spend that chief marketing officer Tony Pace indicates may increase as the campaign picks up steam.

“The whole marketing model is moving much more to a real-time circumstance, which is really beneficial when you’re working with a star as big as Taylor Swift,” Pace says. “Taylor reaches a really broad swath of millennials that are very engaged with her music, and because she’s been so astute about her presence in social media, a lot of people in that demographic really identify with her.”

Swift is no stranger to teaming with brands both in and outside of an album cycle. For 2012’s Red alone she teamed with Target, Walgreen’s Ked’s, CoverGirl and Elizabeth Arden, adding Diet Coke in early 2013 for a "long-term partnership" that included signing on as a Red tour sponsor. Perhaps most notably, Swift previously worked with Papa John’s during Red’s release week for an album-bundle deal that contributed 9,000 copies to her massive 1.2 million-selling debut. Pace says Subway will mention 1989 and its release date in marketing materials, but will not sell physical copies of the album at Subway locations.

"From a logistics standpoint, it’s a little tough,” Pace says. “Folks would say, ‘Well, just send x number of albums to a given restaurant,’ and that’s a little bit complicated because the demand is gonna be different at each restaurant when you’re dealing with physical inventory. We were able to work this out in a way that made sense for our system and her team.”

While Papa John’s and Walgreen’s are not expected to return for Swift’s 1989 promotion cycle, Target has already announced its latest deluxe-edition exclusive, with fresh campaigns from Ked’s and Diet Coke expected to roll out in the coming weeks as well.

The contest entry will run through November 15, for U.S. residents only, aged 13 or older, with grand prizes of a trip for two that includes airfaire, hotel, transportation, $500, concert tickets and meet-and-greet passes.

tina1

bet she's never eaten at subway judging the size of her

Or maybe she has the genes where gaining fat is not easy. I can literally eat 5 bags of potato chips in a row and it wouldn't affect my weight and it's simply because of my genes.

Diet coke dead2 Ew, who even drinks that??

Or maybe she has the genes where gaining fat is not easy. I can literally eat 5 bags of potato chips in a row and it wouldn't affect my weight and it's simply because of my genes.

Diet coke dead2 Ew, who even drinks that??

it was a joke - i eat at subway constantly but never put on the weight cos of my fast metabolism dead2