Gabe.

Early 1989 thoughts?

It's better than I expected not gonna lie, but still some songs are just really bland.

Songs that stand out for me are Blank Spaces, All You Had To Do Was Stay and Bad Blood

What is your opinion on Wildest Dreams and You Are In Love?

Bad Blood, Style and How You Get the Girl are flawless upbeat songs. Wildest Dreams is really good. The other songs are good... but unmemorable. Let me clear it up, there is not one bad track, at all, but I feel the album needs to grow for me to think it as memorable. The same thing as with Ella Henderson's album, but honestly that's sometimes the best type of album. I've placed it below Cher Lloyd and Jessie J in my favorite albums of 2014 so far. 

giving me IKUWT teas tbh

I swear it sounds like another Ryan Tedder production. In particular Kelly Clarkson. Even the chorus sounds similar. I just can't think what. 

Tip of My Tongue came to mind. But it's not an exact match. This is gonna annoy me until I know what it is giveup1

I swear it sounds like another Ryan Tedder production. In particular Kelly Clarkson. Even the chorus sounds similar. I just can't think what. 

Tip of My Tongue came to mind. But it's not an exact match. This is gonna annoy me until I know what it is giveup1

i listened to the song once and i was getting IKUWT teas just saying 

Wildest Dreams chorus for me is very lackluster, I like the verses tho.

You Are In Love is just not my cup of tea, it's very ballady and I'm not a big fan of ballads. 

I agree. But I love the relaxing atmospheric mood of these two tracks, I think she should stick with that kind of midtempo sound.

I love it as an album.  I feel like all of the songs work together as one piece, something Red lacked completely.

After first listen, my favorite songs are: Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams, How You Get the Girl, and New Romance.  This will probably change as I listen to album more though.  Welcome to New York is already starting to grow on me more.

Overall this is a great pop album.  I feel like it covers a lot of bases in a very cohesive way.  Im really interested to hear her next single, as many of the songs would work well on the radio.  Im going to vote for How You Get the Girl though.  It just screams radio song IMO.

And I love the voice notes at the end, I just wish they were longer.  Seeing into her writing process is fascinating, and I love hearing early versions of songs.