Gabe.

Early 1989 thoughts?

There are some really good pop songs, like Style, How You Get The Girl, I Wish You Would, Out Of The Woods. Few songs are bland and some are not for my taste, but I respect her for doing different styles and keeping the album cohesive despite of that. I think "Bad Blood" is the most disappointing for me... I expected a lot, because people said some good things about it, but for me it's clearly the worst track on the album

I'm a massive Taylor stan but the album has not had the same effect Red and Speak Now did when I first heard them...

so far, I like Blank Space and Style the most. Wildest Dreams sounds so much like Without You by Lana, so I'm having a hard time judging it on its own so far.

I will finish listening to the album and have a more conclusive opinion oprah1

I'm a massive Taylor stan but the album has not had the same effect Red and Speak Now did when I first heard them...

so far, I like Blank Space and Style the most. Wildest Dreams sounds so much like Without You by Lana, so I'm having a hard time judging it on its own so far.

I will finish listening to the album and have a more conclusive opinion oprah1

U need to post in the holly section tina1

^Bad Blood and I Wish You Would are the weakest tracks imo

This Love is hugely disappointing too... I expected a masterpiece considering that it is one of those intimate, Taylor-only songs, but frankly it's quite bland.

Style, Blank Space, I Know Places, Clean and New Romance are my favorites. Welcome To New York, Wildest Dreams and Shake It Off are nice. The rest will hopefully grow on me, but right now I feel like the album contains more filler than the usual.

I wonder what people are expecting for the second single?

for Christmas she'd need something feisty imo, Bad Blood is all about dragging a bitch and no one wants that during winter kii

But Shake It Off is still smashing and because of the Christmas Freeze, it's too late to release a song now to slay at Christmas. The best she can do is release a song right before the freeze and have it peak in January/February and perform it at the Grammys. mad1

I'm not feeling Out of the Woods AT ALL tbh, well except the bridge fall1 but everyone seems to love it, and I think it fits on the radio considering the kind of music that has been slaying lately

Yeah agreed. It's one of my least faves but it could easily be the IKYWT of 1989 if the cards are played right.

I don't want to spam this thread, but I just want to voice my frustration with the amount of filler tracks on the album...

All You Had To Do Was Stay, I Wish You Would and How You Get The Girl sound alike and dull... in fact, they sound like your average Kelly Clarkson/P!nk song...

Wonderland and You R In Love are also boring imo, but I can forgive that since they are only bonus tracks.

Btw, there is a lot of Lana influence here... Wildest Dreams, the chorus of I Know Places and some of the lyrics on Style... not complaining, those are among the best songs on the album (the latter two especially)

This Love is growing on me! I'm appreciating its vocals and mood more now, even though I wish it maintained its melancholic vibe throughout instead of getting all energized in the chorus

I don't want to spam this thread, but I just want to voice my frustration with the amount of filler tracks on the album...

All You Had To Do Was Stay, I Wish You Would and How You Get The Girl sound alike and dull... in fact, they sound like your average Kelly Clarkson/P!nk song...

Wonderland and You R In Love are also boring imo, but I can forgive that since they are only bonus tracks.

Btw, there is a lot of Lana influence here... Wildest Dreams, the chorus of I Know Places and some of the lyrics on Style... not complaining, those are among the best songs on the album (the latter two especially)

This Love is growing on me! I'm appreciating its vocals and mood more now, even though I wish it maintained its melancholic vibe throughout instead of getting all energized in the chorus

funny these 3 are the tracks i can't quite get into although I Wish You Could seems to grow on me.