Gabe.

Gabe's 125 songs of 2014. FINISHED.

Tinashe – Bated Breath

Album: Aquarius

Bated Breath is Aquarius' best song by a mile and that's not to say the album's bad but Bated Breath is just too good. I still however have a tiny bit of a complaint with the song's last minute or so being a bit unnecessary and not adding much to the song.

REGARDLESS, as a downtempo ballad Bated Breath works and it works good on many levels. Tinashe lets go of some stunning vocals and the lyrics simply transport your mind into Tinashe's heart. As personal as it gets...

If you will have me, I'll make you happy.

@Warrior @

Coldplay – Always In My Head

Album: Ghost Stories

Always In My Head is one of this year's best album openers, perfectly setting up the tone for the rest of Ghost Stories. A gorgeous short song and amazing in its simplicity, Always In My Head is a strong testimony that Chris Martin & Co. still have it in them and can put out some amazing pieces such as this one. Stunning.

And this, I guess, is to tell you you're chosen out from the rest.

Taylor Swift – New Romantics

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29mj5s_taylor-swift-new-romantics_music

Album: 1989

New Romantics is one of those album gems you just wish they were released as singles, have a video and everyone would watch it and impact their lives with its pure greatness. Chances are it will not happen as New Romantics has been delegated to deluxe edition status, as unfortunate as that is.

Not only unfortunate but also unfair. From its pure indie-pop melody to Taylor's fast delivery of the well written lyrics, New Romantics represents a staple of their 1989 record, a step towards innovation in Swift's career and a right one while at it.

Heartbreak is our national anthem, we sing it proudly.

Royksopp & Robyn – Do It Again

Album: Do It Again - EP

I can't remember for how many times I genuinely prayed Do It Again would become the mammoth hit it was destined to be this summer and I still can't find a genuine explanation for why this song didn't catch up in the UK at least.

Pop perfection are two words that easily describe Robyn and, when mixed with a bit of Royksopp flavor, the results are as good as this gem.

We do what we want and as soon as it's done... we do it again.

LOVE your taste sis antm1

Not you stanning for Ghost Stories tho rih1

Kylie Minogue – Feels So Good

Album: Kiss Me Once

Kylie's 12th studio album felt a bit uninspired and it lacked the punch some of her older hit albums had as much as it lacked the hits. That's not to say it's a bad album and Feels So Good was, to me, the obvious highlight.

There's something about the way Minogue sings that's absolutely convincing in the lyrics and the quirkiness of it all makes the tune hard to resist. Definitely should have been a single and save the era.

So come away with me, stay with me.

cry1

Damien Rice – I Don't Wanna Change You

Album: My Favorite Faded Fantasy

I haven't found too many highlights on Irish troubador's Damien Rice's My Favorite Faded Fantasy - his first release in 8 years - but I Don't Wanna Change You feels like one of those career defining songs if executed right.

Damien has benefited a lot from people covering his songs on hit TV shows and I Don't Change You could be a contender for that - heartbreaking with a glimpse of optimism and punch, Rice's vocals are as powerful and sublime as ever and the song has a clear message easy to get across.

I don't wanna change your mind.

Tove Lo – Habits

Album: Queen of the Clouds

Habits is Tove Lo's breakthrough song and a debut song this good only comes once in a few years; this alone is a testimony of Tove's immense talent of writing a melody and penning a song.

Despite peaking a few months ago, Habits is still gut-wrecking in its desperation, solitude and need for that someone who could make it all easy. One of this year's defining tunes for sure and one to remember.

To forget I'm missing you.

Nicki Minaj – Anaconda

Album: The Pinkprint

When I first listened to Anaconda I thought to myself... "This is the worst song I have ever listened to" so I didn't pay much attention to it up until the video got released.

Then, it all started making sense. Anaconda became a cultural phenomenon, a song to be referenced for generations, a meme on its own. So I hit the replay button again, and again... the "Oh my gosh, look at her butt" bits started to make me cackle. So i hit the replay button again... The last minute or so of the song with Nicki's laugh became incredibly... funny.

It is what it is, a fun song.

OH.MY.GOSH.LOOK.AT.HER.BUTT.

Jhene Aiko – My Afternoon Dream

Album: Souled Out

My Afternoon Dream was released for free on Jhene Aiko's birthday, March 16th, months prior to Aiko's debut album, Souled Out. The feelings I got while listening to My Afternoon Dream were sublime.

It's a blissful song and a direction I had hoped Aiko would pursue on Souled Out and she partially did but I couldn't help but feel disappointed when she re-worked this gorgeous gem into Blue Dream, a slightly overproduced version of it included on the album.

My Afternoon Dream felt amazing in its simplicity and Jhene's passionate delivery. Then again, the song is literally about a type of weed, Blue Dream, but Jhene her lyrics could mean anything.

Don't wake me up 'cause I'm in love with all that you are.

Lana Del Rey – Old Money

Album: Ultraviolence

Everyone has some songs they're afraid to listen to because they're a bit too sad and poignant in reminding or making you think of someone you shouldn't be and for me one of those songs is definitely Old Money.

Old Money is one of Ultraviolence's most accesible compositions with Lana delivering some of her most sincere vocals there, especially while singing the very sad lyrics. The chorus allows her to open up; regardless of whatever has happened, if he calls for her, she'll run. Wouldn't we all.

My mother's glamour lives on and on.

Calvin Harris – Love Now (feat. All About She)

Album: Motion

Even though I am still bopping to Motion in its almost complete entirety, I will admit it is a bit too much of the same thing. Love Now however comes across as different as it uses a different formula, from All About She's quirky vocals and persona splattered all over the track, to those charming vocals and lyrics.

Love Now is THAT song to go to when you have a crush and feel like wanting to build your world around said crush.

Let the fate we fight take hold.