Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Mau

Beyonce's Dad stole money from her!

matthew-knowles-beyonce.jpg

Beyonce's belief that her father Matthew Knowles stole money from her led to his being fired as her manager, according to legal papers obtained by TMZ.

The pop singer terminated Mathew Knowles -- who launched her career at a young age -- in March. At the time, she explained: "I've only parted ways with my father on a business level. He is my father for life, and I love my dad dearly. I am grateful for everything he has taught me. I grew up watching both he and my mother [Tina Knowles] manage and own their own businesses. They were hard-working entrepreneurs and I will continue to follow in their footsteps."

Mathew Knowles said at the time that the parting was a mutual decision, claiming he was choosing to focus more on the gospel artists he represents.

But now, in legal papers he recently filed, Mathew Knowles claims that Live Nation Entertainment made false claims about him to his daughter in the hopes of coming aboard her 2011 world tour.

Live Nation told the singer that he "had stolen money from Beyonce on her most recent tour or otherwise taken funds that [he] was not entitled to," according to the legal documents.

Supporting those claims was Beyonce's law firm, who conducted an audit that concluded Mathew Knowles had stolen money, but he denies the accusations and is asking a judge to take depositions from several Live Nation employees to determine how they arrived at their conclusions.

Beyonce's rep could not be reached for comment in the report.

SOURCE

Guest ❤ уυηg яαρυηχєℓ ❤

Beyoncé's dad Mathew Knowles denies stealing from daughter

Beyoncé's father and former manager Mathew Knowles has denied stealing money made during her last world tour.

The 'Best Thing I Never Had' singer terminated her professional relationship with her dad in March, saying at the time that the decision was amicable.

However, TMZ reports that Beyoncé fired Mathew after Live Nation Entertainment warned her that he "had stolen money on her most recent tour or otherwise taken funds that [he] was not entitled to".

The 29-year-old allegedly conducted an audit to determine if money from her last tour had been taken by her father and the law firm involved concluded that he had.

Beyoncé reportedly then fired Mathew and hired a new manager - a former executive at Live Nation who had maintained contact with the company.

Mathew has denied the accusations and wants a judge to give him the right to question Live Nation Entertainment, to determine how it came to conclude that he was stealing from his daughter.

Texas-born star Beyoncé has had a successful couple of weeks, after her new album 4 topped the charts in both the UK and US upon its release.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a329404/beyonces-dad-mathew-knowles-denies-stealing-from-daughter.html

Guest ❤ уυηg яαρυηχєℓ ❤

These showbiz parents are always so damn shady. Of course he took her money.

Guest ƊŔ ƒ£הŦ¥
She can say goodbye to her Grammy noms bitch1

yep, expect to see a BIG drop in grammy love.

cos we all know pimp daddy knowles was behind the MAJORITY of her wins and noms.

he has proven to be shady and ruthless and it really bring me back to the latavia and letoya days....they really did have a case.

beyonce is lucky that her name is BIG enough to continue on her own cos if she was in the position where she NEEDED her father she would be screwed.

Ouch. It must be shocking to Beyoncé that LaTavia and LeToya were right all along (they sued for breach of contact and were kicked out for trying to get rid of Matthew believing he was favouring his daughter and stealing their money).

What everyone else has said. Matthew's always been shady, DC wasn't a healthy group because he always had his eye on the prize for Beyonce. He encouraged her to lie about writing credits even back in the Survivor days. IDK how he sleeps at night. +rolleyes+

And it's not like he needs the money. Seriously, what's 1 or 2 or 3 million more when you're already a multi-millionaire set for life thanks to royalties and publishing from numerous #1 hits?!

The family was extremely wealthy, possibly already millionaires before they launched her career. So yeah clearly he's kind of money hungry +noway+

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.