untitled

Here's the issue I have with Madonna

I know I'm probably gonna get 384573837 down-votes from pressed Madge stans based on the fact that "problem" and "Madonna" are in the same sentence but

I actually find Madonna very boring.

I understand that she pushed boundaries and did things no other female popstar did in her prime, I understand that most of my faves' music wouldn't be the same without her, I understand the role that she has had in shaping pop music history.

But I think she's a tad bit overrated.

I listed to the Rebel Heart & Wash All Over Me snippets and...they were mediocre.

If any other pop girl released something like that, we would laugh at them, and automatically brand them a flop.

I just think that because Madonna's name carries so much weight, people overestimate her music. Like A Virgin is probably one of her worst songs, but it's hailed as iconic because she was the first in the game to create something like that. MDNA was literally awful, Gimme All Your Lovin' was a cute little cheerleader bop but even a Nicki verse couldn't save it rip1 Girl Gone Wild is a bop tho cry6

Long story short, I understand that Madonna is the most successful female musician of all time, and her touring force is definitely one to be reckoned with, but I just think her music is...uninteresting. And I think people don't listen to her music...for the music. They listen to it because it was released by Madonna.

It was kind of the same issue with Beyonce, the self titled visual album was sub-par at best, but because of the way it was released and the fact that Beyonce released it...it was generally accepted as "genius" and sold a ton.

I really hope I'm not the only one who feels this way rav1

It's hard for us to look back to see the influence she had since we're used to all the music conventions that grew off her stuff - so we don't really get the whole "growth" aspect, and looking back it seems average because it's nothing new to us.

Her discography is not really superior to some other pop girls' discographies. As much as I enjoy her music, it's not particularly anything special or groundbreaking (well, at the time some of it may have been but we're not in the past are we).

rav1

sis lets just say that cuntga , shitney , faggy , Rhat , Pigtina , ketchup , Thief.....(insert fav name here) all wouldn't exist if it wasn't for THE madonna .

her new songs on the other hand are boring , generic , tired , try hard , pretentious , old , and try hard. mad12

bye mad12

It's hard for us to look back to see the influence she had since we're used to all the music conventions that grew off her stuff - so we don't really get the whole "growth" aspect, and looking back it seems average because it's nothing new to us.

It's not that hard to see IT girl, maybe most of you don't really wanna see that. 

it's just pathetic to read some of the comments here. An example of ignorance. 

It was kind of the same issue with Beyonce, the self titled visual album was sub-par at best, but because of the way it was released and the fact that Beyonce released it...it was generally accepted as "genius" and sold a ton.

you had me here sis. imready1

Her discography is not really superior to some other pop girls' discographies. As much as I enjoy her music, it's not particularly anything special or groundbreaking (well, at the time some of it may have been but we're not in the past are we).

rav1

let's not sis.  rav1

@

You can't listen to a few songs or demos and say that  she is overrated. That  doesn't make any sense. Why don't you listen to whole Madonna's discography.

You only mentioned these songs:

Rebel Heart and Wash All Over Me - They are demos made in the early stage. What girl on the earth has superior demos?

Like A Virgin - I don't think it is one of her worst, but I think it is a weak pop song, but Madonna showed its quality trough its reinventions on tours.

MDNA songs

It seems your opinion is just based on her latest efforts and a few hit songs maybe. If a person didn't went through her discography then I can't discuss with that person. People listen to Madonna, because they like her music, not just because she is Madonna. I like her videos, tours, looks...but music is the most important thing.

Let's face it. If she didn't make great pop music, do you really think she would be so successful and praised by critics just because of music videos and scandals?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.