Radar

RuPaul's Drag Race

5 hours ago, Americunt said:

New leaked still from this week's episode. Confirms a certain rumor. As always, don't open if you don't want spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

Valentina's club kid look. MaskGate confirmed!

Ed1ajFYlRSa92pBlO0OmkA-dLNXLzK2dYzau_Kh3

Spoiler

Eeek! The Valentina stans are going to riot tomorrow. dead2 

12 hours ago, Americunt said:

New leaked still from this week's episode. Confirms a certain rumor. As always, don't open if you don't want spoilers.

Hide contents

Valentina's club kid look. MaskGate confirmed!

Ed1ajFYlRSa92pBlO0OmkA-dLNXLzK2dYzau_Kh3

Spoiler

Okay, but I've heard 2 versions: She get's eliminated for not knowing the lyrics to the lipsync song / She gets eliminated for not wearing make up underneath that mask. I'd understand her not wearing make up underneath the mask cause it would fuck up the make up anyway, so what's the point?

I really hope the rumours are fake and she doesn't leave.

Spoiler

Very sad to see Valentina go, even though she completely bombed the lipsync so it was kind of deserved. But Alexis should've been up against Nina instead, both her performance and runway were a damn trainwreck for like the 5th week in a row.

6 minutes ago, Jony said:
  Hide contents

Very sad to see Valentina go, even though she completely bombed the lipsync so it was kind of deserved. But Alexis should've been up against Nina instead, both her performance and runway were a damn trainwreck for like the 5th week in a row.

Spoiler

Completely disagree with this. Nina and Val had a total lack of preparation going into the challenge and their show turned out like shit. Compare that to the generally okay team of Alexis, Peppermint and Trinity. Alexis wasn't amazing, but she was not bad. Her performance was nothing to write home about, but it was not actively uncomfortable to watch.

Alexis' runway was equally as bad as Nina's and Valentina's. All three of them did poorly on the runway; Nina and Val did worse in the challenge. The Bottom 2 was correct for this episode. Other episodes, yeah, Alexis was saved, but this time, she wasn't one of the two worst of the week.

just some thoughts on this episode:

ok @ Peppermint serving one of the best looks in the shows history when everything she's worn prior has been so mediocre

it's pretty clear Ru/the producers wanted Valentina to send Nina home. If it wasn't for Mask-Gate I'm pretty sure she'd have been a lock for the top 3. If she took the mask off at the start of the song, pretended to know the words and bopped around a bit it could have all been so different!

Shea is UNSTOPPABLE. jesus christ. pretty sure she's on track to become the best performing contestant in the shows history, but i'll have to check Reddit, I'm sure they have some detailed infographic or chart

Alexis is insufferable. Not only does she suck at most of the challenges, her runways are a huge fail almost every single week wow. she's so lucky Val and Nina BOMBED that challenge because it ABSOLUTELY is her time to go home. Not only does she suck at the competition, but she's so fucking annoying, takes herself way too seriously, talks too much and thinks she's the leading authority on EVERYTHING.

Overall I'm enjoying this season a lot more than Season 8 but most of the girls are so forgettable for me :/ even Shea..she's absolutely killing this season but it doesn't feel like she is because she doesn't really excel at anything. 

8 minutes ago, Canary said:

Shea is UNSTOPPABLE. jesus christ. pretty sure she's on track to become the best performing contestant in the shows history, but i'll have to check Reddit, I'm sure they have some detailed infographic or chart

Depends what metrics you're looking at. Jinkx has one of the strongest records with 9 consecutive weeks where she placed High or Win. Bianca is the only queen to never place lower than Safe. Sharon and Alaska both got four wins in a season. Spoilers about future episodes under the cut.

Spoiler

Shea's not really close to breaking any of those records, since they usually like to balance out wins at the end of a season and 3 wins is likely to be the number for placing in the Top 3 this season. Sharon and Alaska's 4 wins will pretty much remain unmatched.

Even if she places High or Win in every remaining competitive episode, she won't have broken Jinkx's record of 9 weeks High or Win.

Combine that with the fact that Shea is supposed to be lipsyncing next week and you have Bianca's record remaining intact too.

Just now, Americunt said:

Depends what metrics you're looking at. Jinkx has one of the strongest records with 9 consecutive weeks where she placed High or Win. Bianca is the only queen to never place lower than Safe. Sharon and Alaska both got four wins in a season. Spoilers about future episodes under the cut.

Reveal hidden contents

Shea's not really close to breaking any of those records, since they usually like to balance out wins at the end of a season and 3 wins is likely to be the number for placing in the Top 3 this season. Sharon and Alaska's 4 wins will pretty much remain unmatched.

Even if she places High or Win in every remaining competitive episode, she won't have broken Jinkx's record of 9 weeks High or Win.

Combine that with the fact that Shea is supposed to be lipsyncing next week and you have Bianca's record remaining intact too.

mmm but I think i would take away points from Jinkx and Sharon from being in the bottom two

and isn't Shea on par with Bianca at this point as long as she doesn't place lower than Safe for the remaining episodes? and if she wins another challenge she'll pass Bianca

and wow I forgot about Alaska. she really steam-rollered All-Stars lol

I'm not reading any spoilers thank you though <3

I guess my point was all of the queens you mentioned are iconic, and stomped their way through their seasons, and even if Shea wins, she hasn't really done anything as memorable as they have, for me :/ 

Spoiler

Let's not lie to ourselves. We should accept that Val deserved to go because she didn't even try (I guess because she didn't think she would end up lip syncing). I think she'll get the Katya treatment (Iconic exit lip sync, winning Miss Congeniality, Back on All Stars) since she's THE fan favorite and she's a really talented individual.

holy fuck

Spoiler

that was such an experience sob1 i feel so bad for Val but it's really all her fault, like Pep/Alexis/Trinity were learning the song and Nina and her were just... there. i get that she was really in her head but it's so frustrating sob1 she really could've gotten top3 sob1

Alexis can go btw um2 Peppermint served the best look of the season btw um2 Trinity is a legend btw um2

Sasha is still my fave whew i love her um2 Sasha, Shea, Trinity for top 3 pls?

Spoiler

Ugh she was one of my FAVORITES and I thought she was going top 3. Hope she comes back but I can see that not happening because she bombed the lip synch and they already brought Cynthia. 

Shea is clearly gonna win unless Sasha snatches these next few wins. I think Sharon and Alaska have 4 wins each and Shea is only one away. To be fair, two of Shea's wins were shared with Sasha though. 

I'm ready for Alexis to go. She's awful and her attitude is terrible. 

Also I've grown to love Peppermint more and more each episode. Trinity's growing on me a lot. Hope both make it to top 4.