Radar

RuPaul's Drag Race

Word vomit incoming

Spoiler

I love Trinity but I didn't see why she won this challenge (I want her to win the whole competition though). I didn't see much of a resemblance with Glittafa Dayz and herself especially in the face. Sasha absolutely deserved to win this much and while she's not my favorite in the top 5, I don't ever see her ever being in the bottom, she's such a ridiculously strong contender I'm rooting for her to win. The presentation was flawless and I'm glad to see her let loose and have fun. Sarge was such a good sport and I don't really see anything visually appalling about Pep's and Winter's costumes. I'd like to shit on Alexis but I have to give credit where it's due she did a pretty good job and I had no problems with her performance in this challenge. Shea ended up in the bottom since there was literally no one they could fault and it was a bit basic. She hasn't really done anything with a wow-factor to it and her lipsync wasn't anything amazing either. Nina was absolutely the worst in the challenge and while I LOVE her, her look was VERY sloppy and the choice of outfit was poor but I did understand why she sort of gave up on the lip sync considering she was in the bottom twice already and there was no way Shea would be going home so it was expected that Nina would be going halfway through the episode. Still what a wasted opportunity for a lipsync, I can see Pep or Trinity turning it out. I still see Shea winning despite the fact that I root for Trinity and Sasha more, since she has a more marketable charm to her while Trinity's queen of the dickpigs and Sasha's intellect is too much for the viewers to handle. Also might be due to the fact that I'm a Kesha stan but she was such a great guest judge.

Spoiler

Finally a challenge that's actually good! But first let me say as much as I love and adore Nina, she deserved to go home especially because she kept over thinking and getting in her own head (which I can relate to) but I was really rooting for her tbh, it seemed like her best looks were only on Episode 1. :( 

Anyways I'm ready for Alexis to go and I'm so here for Trinity, my girl Shea, and Sasha being the Top 3. Those 3 literally serve looks (well except Shea this week) and they win a lot of the challenges. So I'm perched to see how this turns out! 

Spoiler

Ugh I am so fucking sad that my two faves (Tina and Nina) are gone back to back. Nina is so damn talented but let her own insecurities take over. I really thought she had it to win early on but I was wrong. I was hoping for a wig snatching lip synching from her (even tho Shea was going to stay no matter what) but she just looked like she gave up during it. Really disappointing.

That being said - I am surprised Trinity won. I thought Sasha was going to walk away with this. Girl deserves a solo win. Shea really disappointed me and I thought Alexis's was a bit basic. Peppermint's outfits didn't match and clashes so that bothered me too. Thank god for Sarge. 

So I've thought Shea was going to win the entire time (still think she prob will) but I think Trinity might edge her out. Trinity definitely has the drive, competitiveness, ambition, humor, and talent to go all the way. However she's not as charming as Sasha or Shea tbh. I think if I had to pick a new fave to root for it'll be Sasha. 

Also Alexis needs to GO HOME ALREADY OMG

Spoiler

Shea didn't deserve that win at all wtf? I thought it was gonna be Trinity vs Sasha again, with Sasha finally win but what the fuck um2 they're really settling her win um2

Peppermint DESTROYED that lipsync holy fuck the wig reveal giveup1

Another insider spilled what they knew about the possibility of upcoming AS3 filming. Basically a lot of the same info as before.

Spoiler

They're looking at filming it at the end of Summer 2017 after Season 10, like they did with the Season 8 filming and All Stars 2 back to back, but things are not guaranteed yet. It may be filmed in Autumn of 2017 and airing in Autumn of 2018.

The producers are still interested in the idea of bringing back people who've already been on All Stars. Manila is the one they're considering the most.

The producers are open to having anyone who's interested out of Shea, Sasha, Trinity, Peppermint and Valentina on AS3.

Season 8's Top 6 are all being reached out to. The producers' most wanted queen is Derrick Barry.

From Season 7, Trixie and Kennedy are the only major wants.

The rest of the queens will come from whoever fits their planned storyline. Ongina, BenDeLaCreme, Rebecca, Shangela, Courtney and Willam have been bandied about. Someone asked about Acid Betty and the insider said that Acid is not as likely, because she wasn't on for long enough.

The budget is higher now, so they're far more able to accommodate the queens and some of the ones who've said definitively "I'm not going back" in the past are considering their options now.

They have not sent out any final offers to possible contestants yet.

There's a possibility for a crossover with America's Next Top Model, due to the network switch to VH1. Nothing is certain, though.

18 hours ago, Americunt said:

Another insider spilled what they knew about the possibility of upcoming AS3 filming. Basically a lot of the same info as before.

Hide contents

They're looking at filming it at the end of Summer 2017 after Season 10, like they did with the Season 8 filming and All Stars 2 back to back, but things are not guaranteed yet. It may be filmed in Autumn of 2017 and airing in Autumn of 2018.

The producers are still interested in the idea of bringing back people who've already been on All Stars. Manila is the one they're considering the most.

The producers are open to having anyone who's interested out of Shea, Sasha, Trinity, Peppermint and Valentina on AS3.

Season 8's Top 6 are all being reached out to. The producers' most wanted queen is Derrick Barry.

The rest of the queens will come from whoever fits their planned storyline. Ongina, BenDeLaCreme, Rebecca, Shangela, Courtney and Willam have been bandied about. Someone asked about Acid Betty and the insider said that Acid is not as likely, because she wasn't on for long enough.

The budget is higher now, so they're far more able to accommodate the queens and some of the ones who've said definitively "I'm not going back" in the past are considering their options now.

There's a possibility for a crossover with America's Next Top Model, due to the network switch to VH1. Nothing is certain, though.

Spoiler

The first season of All-Stars was cute, but I hated the second season.  Hopefully a third will be better.

On 6/5/2017 at 8:20 AM, Americunt said:

Hide contents

Willam would never go on though. He's said that in every interview he's been asked in.

On 6/4/2017 at 4:20 PM, Americunt said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

What does an ANTM crossover mean though? 

45 minutes ago, Rosé. said:

Willam would never go on though. He's said that in every interview he's been asked in.

Willam's issues with the show almost all involve people who are no longer with the production. If the paycheck is big enough, Willam would return without a doubt.

38 minutes ago, Alex. said:
  Hide contents

What does an ANTM crossover mean though? 

Spoiler

The queens might appear in an episode of ANTM and vice versa. Probably ANTM models as makeover participants and the queens doing a photoshoot with the models. 

On 6/5/2017 at 10:37 PM, Rosé. said:

Thanks for the insight. I hope he'll be their.

I doubt it. "RuPaulogize" kind of put the nail in the coffin of him ever possibly appearing again, from his perspective.  Though, he could have changed his mind.

Spoiler

Awesome Top 4 episode! If there was a Bottom 2 based on actual performance, I think Sasha and Trinity probably would've been going at it. Both of them had weak verses and didn't hit the dance moves as well as Peppermint and Shea.

Ummmm....major spoilers for the finale and honestly, it might not be premature to call this a shark jump for the show as a whole.

Spoiler

The Top 4 had a sudden death lipsync competition at the finale, to decide which two queens could win the whole competition. They only filmed one outcome for the first round of this lipsync, so we know who both of the eliminated queens are.

Spoiler

Shea and Trinity were both eliminated in a tie for third place. Peppermint and Sasha are the Top 2 and the only queens who are able to win the crown.

Spoiler

Trinity was eliminated by Peppermint in a lipsync to "Stronger" by Britney Spears.

Shea was eliminated by Sasha in a lipsync to "So Emotional" by Whitney Houston.

The final lipsync was Peppermint and Sasha doing "It's Not Right, But It's Okay" by Whitney Houston.

This picture is from their "Top 2" announcement. Both had their individual wins filmed afterwards. Shea and Trinity did not have wins filmed at all.

sbdmzdyryr2z.png 

I am completely incensed. This producer fuckery is so blatant. They just want Shea and Trinity both back for All Stars 3, so they can get "redemption" for their stolen crowns.

20 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Ummmm....major spoilers for the finale and honestly, it might not be premature to call this a shark jump for the show as a whole.

Hide contents

The Top 4 had a sudden death lipsync competition at the finale, to decide which two queens could win the whole competition. They only filmed one outcome for the first round of this lipsync, so we know who both of the eliminated queens are.

Hide contents

Shea and Trinity were both eliminated in a tie for third place. Peppermint and Sasha are the Top 2 and the only queens who are able to win the crown.

Hide contents

Trinity was eliminated by Peppermint in a lipsync to "Stronger" by Britney Spears.

Shea was eliminated by Sasha in a lipsync to "So Emotional" by Whitney Houston.

The final lipsync was Peppermint and Sasha doing "It's Not Right, But It's Okay" by Whitney Houston.

This picture is from their "Top 2" announcement. Both had their individual wins filmed afterwards. Shea and Trinity did not have wins filmed at all.

sbdmzdyryr2z.png 

I am completely incensed. This producer fuckery is so blatant. They just want Shea and Trinity both back for All Stars 3, so they can get "redemption" for their stolen crowns.

Spoiler

I am livid. I was not expecting a sudden lip sync for your life to be the reason both Shea and Trinity lose the chance to snatch the crown. This feels completely surreal. jj4

4 minutes ago, Rachel Berry said:
  Hide contents

I am livid. I was not expecting a sudden lip sync for your life to be the reason both Shea and Trinity lose the chance to snatch the crown. This feels completely surreal. jj4

Spoiler

There's no other way to describe this other than the most unquestionably wrong decision the production has ever made. The show is a shadow of its former self from here on out. I like Sasha and Peppermint, but there is no universe where either of them earned that crown fair and square.

2 minutes ago, Americunt said:
  Hide contents

There's no other way to describe this other than the most unquestionably wrong decision the production has ever made. The show is a shadow of its former self from here on out. I like Sasha and Peppermint, but there is no universe where either of them earned that crown fair and square.

Spoiler

This just screams producer interference. Both Shea and Trinity where strong contenders for the crown and realistically, one of them was going to win. I like Sasha and Peppermint too, but I agree with you. There is no in hell those two would've gotten the crown fair and square.