Radar

RuPaul's Drag Race

33 minutes ago, Monster said:
  Hide contents

Yes, Handmaids to Kitty Girls was a train wreck! Speaking of that episode, which queens from the eliminated team do you think would've been top two if they won? wendy1 

Spoiler

Thorgy and Aja obviously! I liked everyone though, even Milk jj2 but I'm at peace with Buddhen winning the episode and making herstory with her 5th challenge win, only actual fucking legends

1 hour ago, Hunty Bear said:
  Hide contents

Thorgy and Aja obviously! I liked everyone though, even Milk jj2 but I'm at peace with Buddhen winning the episode and making herstory with her 5th challenge win, only actual fucking legends

Omg tea! If only the eliminated girls won, Thorgy and Aja get Top 2, Aja wins and sends Bebe packing. oprah2 Kennedy leaves after the Wedding Acting Challenge and BAM! We have the Top 4 we deserve: Ben, Aja, Shangela, and Trixie! cry6 

4 minutes ago, Monster said:

Omg tea! If only the eliminated girls won, Thorgy and Aja get Top 2, Aja wins and sends Bebe packing. oprah2 Kennedy leaves after the Wedding Acting Challenge and BAM! We have the Top 4 we deserve: Ben, Aja, Shangela, and Trixie! cry6 

welp, would rather have Bebe in the top 4 than a certain someone whose name rhymes with Bixie Dattel and is from a state that rhymes with Sisconsin and is releasing an album on Friday that rhymes with Sun Al-Capone oprah14 and quite frankly, Aja isn't the best actress and likely would've been in the bottom for the Wedding Acting Challenge and probably would've been sent home, but that's just my take on how things would've played out

14 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

welp, would rather have Bebe in the top 4 than a certain someone whose name rhymes with Bixie Dattel and is from a state that rhymes with Sisconsin and is releasing an album on Friday that rhymes with Sun Al-Capone oprah14 and quite frankly, Aja isn't the best actress and likely would've been in the bottom for the Wedding Acting Challenge and probably would've been sent home, but that's just my take on how things would've played out

I don't think Trixie did awful this season, just not winner-worthy. oprah14 Whatever way anyone spins it, the true top two of this season will be Shangela and Ben, and there's literally no arguing that. oprah14 

Spoiler

And for Trixie to take home the crown for being a lovely third (fourth if we include Ben) alternate is just annoying. oprah14 However, once they announced the cast I knew Trixie was going to win. I don't know why I got my hopes up after watching this whole season. oprah14 Just like AS2 with Alaska, Trixie was the determined winner from the beginning, which is not cute after not delivering for most of the season. oprah14 At least Alaska deserved her win. oprah14 Oh well, VH1 and WOW fucked up All Stars. oprah14 They fuck with S10 and I'll truly worry for the series then. oprah14 

1 minute ago, Monster said:

I don't think Trixie did awful this season, just not winner-worthy. oprah14 Whatever way anyone spins it, the true top two of this season will be Shangela and Ben, and there's literally no arguing that. oprah14 

Hide contents

And for Trixie to take home the crown for being a lovely third (fourth if we include Ben) alternate is just annoying. oprah14 However, once they announced the cast I knew Trixie was going to win. I don't know why I got my hopes up after watching this whole season. oprah14 Just like AS2 with Alaska, Trixie was the determined winner from the beginning, which is not cute after not delivering for most of the season. oprah14 At least Alaska deserved her win. oprah14 Oh well, VH1 and WOW fucked up All Stars. oprah14 They fuck with S10 and I'll truly worry for the series then. oprah14 

Spoiler

AS seasons are always rigged tbh, but at least both Chad and Alaska had the chops to back up their excellent performances (mostly Alaska though, Chad's season was obviously hella rigged), but Trixie ... just ugh oprah14 really this season was just a waste, really we should've just fastforwarded to the end instead of having to trudge through 8 episodes of Trixie performing at a just okay level for the majority of the challenges just so she could get crowned oprah14 Shangela will always be the true winner of AS3 (not including Ben, since he literally asked to not be in contention for the crown anymore, though Ben will always be MY true winner of AS3) and that's that on that on that ... on top of that, bitch oprah14 

and don't worry, they probably will find a way oprah14 I bet they'll keep the LSFTC format, which I hate but lowkey hope still happens because it would just be so clearly and blatantly disrespectful to Shea and Trinity if they only did it once to fuck their chances up, but I bet they'll throw in some shitty twist by the end of the season because that's what VH1 does with its reality shows! RPDR isn't compatible with the VH1 standard and that's just the chai oprah14 

35 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:
  Hide contents

AS seasons are always rigged tbh, but at least both Chad and Alaska had the chops to back up their excellent performances (mostly Alaska though, Chad's season was obviously hella rigged), but Trixie ... just ugh oprah14 really this season was just a waste, really we should've just fastforwarded to the end instead of having to trudge through 8 episodes of Trixie performing at a just okay level for the majority of the challenges just so she could get crowned oprah14 Shangela will always be the true winner of AS3 (not including Ben, since he literally asked to not be in contention for the crown anymore, though Ben will always be MY true winner of AS3) and that's that on that on that ... on top of that, bitch oprah14 

and don't worry, they probably will find a way oprah14 I bet they'll keep the LSFTC format, which I hate but lowkey hope still happens because it would just be so clearly and blatantly disrespectful to Shea and Trinity if they only did it once to fuck their chances up, but I bet they'll throw in some shitty twist by the end of the season because that's what VH1 does with its reality shows! RPDR isn't compatible with the VH1 standard and that's just the chai oprah14 

Spoiler

If we're being 100% real they just need to completely redo AS1 because that was a major flop. oprah14 If they did redo it I guarantee Chad wouldn't win. oprah14 Plus many of those queens on AS1 deserve better tbh. oprah14 What gets me about AS3 is that I really thought for a second that Trixie didn't have a shot at winning. What a fool I am. oprah14 

The better keep this LSFTC until Next AS season or something because to completely fuck over the top two again is disgusting. I mean I'm just sensing now that VH1 clearly doesn't want the frontrunner or the runner up to win, so they rig it for the 3rd place to win it! jj4 Looking back at S9's track record, Sasha wasn't awful, but again, she didn't deserve it as much as the others. oprah14 Trixie's record is similar, wasn't awful, but doesn't deserve it. oprah14 This crowning is going to feel so much worse to me than S9 because S9 I was rooting for Trinity, but not hardcore. She really wasn't one of my faves until the near end. On the other hand, I've adored Shangela every since S2, so to see her grow so much and have her chances smeared by production is really disheartening knowing she truly deserves it. sob1 

I think I've come to terms with Trixie winning, but tomorrow is gunna hit and I'll be all worked again. jj4 I need to learn to not care who wins/loses/places anymore, because DR would be so much more enjoyable if I didn't root so hard for certain queens. jj4sia2 Oh well, you're always going to have faves in a comp anyways so I'll let VH1 keep pissing me off ig. oprah14 

20 hours ago, StrippedX said:

So is the winner already picked? Why did Ru ask fans to vote on Twitter.... oprah9

Yes, the finale episode aired tonight. moo1 I don't believe the Twitter/Instagram vote has any impact, but gives the show buzz, etc.

This is literally un-freakin-believeable. dead2 The two girls with the worst track records voted to move on to the Top 2. dead2 I also could not believe Thorgy, Thorgy Thor, the queen most pissed at Shangela this ENTIRE season is the only one to vote for her? dead2 Wow. I'm literally speechless.

20 minutes ago, Monster said:

Yes, the finale episode aired tonight. moo1 I don't believe the Twitter/Instagram vote has any impact, but gives the show buzz, etc.

I've heard they actually record every finalist as a winner and then when it's aired on TV is when they first see who won moo1 

2 hours ago, StrippedX said:

I've heard they actually record every finalist as a winner and then when it's aired on TV is when they first see who won moo1 

I believe they filmed both Kennedy and Trixie winning this season. Just like they filmed Sasha and Peppermint winning last season. moo1 

#MonsterReviews

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 3 - "A Jury of Their Queers"

tumblr_p5hotkz6ir1qeklrro2_400.gif tumblr_p5hotkz6ir1qeklrro3_400.gif tumblr_p5hotkz6ir1qeklrro4_400.gif tumblr_p5hotkz6ir1qeklrro1_400.gif

Well.. we've finally made it to the end of the season! After reading numerous reviews, post-season interviews from the queens, and fan reactions on social media, I've decided to review the finale episode and the season as a whole! kesha4 To start off, I'd like to note that the order of the gifs is the order I'd have liked to seen the final placements starting with the Shangela as the Season 3 All Star, Trixie the Runner Up, and Bebe and Kennedy sharing 3rd and 4th. I'll explain my reasoning later in the review, but for now I'd like to touch upon the main challenge and final runway of the season! kesha4 

I love how they changed the format of the final challenge and made it a one-take sequence starting backstage and ending up on the main stage. It definitely was a nice way to wrap up the challenges this season.clap3 Kennedy's verse and look for the challenge were okay, but the standout moment for her was definitely the dancing. No surprise here, Shangela did the best this challenge. oprah14 From the outfit to the choreography to the verse, it was overall beautifully done. oprah2 Bebe's verse surprisingly didn't bother me, but that might just be because it's a major improvement from her Drag Up Your Life verse. sia2 I liked the wig she chose, but it seemed to get in her way a couple of times throughout the performance and the body suit was definitely the worst of them all. Wrapping up the verses, I think Trixie did a great job! The outfit and makeup she did wasn't usual Trixie, which I loved, and I thought her verse was cute!

Onto the runway, Trixie was definitely best dressed in my opinion. Seeing her in black was so refreshing. I understand that pink is her color, but the look she presented on the runway was beyond gorgeous. brit0 Kennedy's rainbow dress was also very beautiful. I liked how she upgraded her final four rainbow dress from season seven to now. Shangela's dress was nice, I didn't love it, but I also didn't hate it. What I do hate is Bebe's final look. Girl what the fuck are you doing? jj4 You won season one and made it to the top four of All Stars 3 and you're wearing that? Disgraceful. jj4 If you watch her Whatcha Packin episode, she had a dress on the right I believe (?) that was leopard print, but was so much more beautiful that she should've wore on the runway, but oh well. Look a fool next to those three with a leopard on your head I guess. If they awarded wins for the episode, I definitely think Shangela and Trixie would've won.

And now here's where we start going downhill. jj4 If I was production, I would've either (A) had Ru send home one girl, Kennedy, to make it a top three and film the crowning of each individual in the final three like All Stars 2, or (B) give out two winners for this final challenge (Shangela and Trixie) and have Ru recap the track records with the girls onstage to the jury as they will need this information before voting. I would've preferred them to follow the format of All Stars 2, as that just seems as the fair thing to do, but you know WOW and VH1. nicki2 

Anyways, moving onto jury deliberations! sia2 It really shocks me how they allowed them to vote without informing them of track records or anything. At least with other jury-oriented shows the jury is given more information to work off of rather than vote from their knowledge of their time there and that's it. jj4 Bebe's jury session went awful as it should've as Thorgy pointed out it was if she was lecturing them or something. jj4 Shangela's went better than I expected it to go, at the time of course. What gave me more hope was after Trixie's jury session as she literally told the girls she wants Shangela in the top with her. giveup1  Kennedy must have some damn good friendships and persuasion techniques because it blows my mind almost every single queen voted for her. I really cannot believe Shangela only received one vote, and it was from Thorgy. Out of all the queens there, I'd expect Thorgy to vote for Shangela last, but it makes me happy to see that at least she was the only jury member who was level-headed when it was time to make the decision. I will say I'm disappointed in BenDeLa as she was so focused on keeping everything strictly stats based during her time there and decides to throw that out the window during the most important part of the season. wendy4  

Watching Shangela hold back tears on the main stage during the top two queen reveal was literally heart-breaking. sob1 I teared up a bit myself too, which is literally one of the only times, if not the only time I've done so watching television. She was my first favorite Ru girl ever, and to watch her grow and succeed over the years both in and out of season just to get shut out at this stage when she very clearly deserved to advance was very disheartening. cry9 But after that moment passed, it seems like the whole world knew what was going to happen. Trixie, who had the 3rd best track record (excluding DeLa), lip-syncing against Kennedy, whose been the Roxxxy Andrews of the season, was going to win regardless of who performed better in the lip-sync (which gave me Latrice vs. Kenya realness btw ny1).

In my opinion, crowning Trixie in a top three with Shangela and Bebe would've been better than this riggory. Yes, she would've beaten queens with a better track record than her, but it would come off better than winning to a non-deserving runner up whose failed all season. xtina11 I understand they most likely went into this season with Trixie winning in mind, but they should've had her win over actual competition. All in all, Trixie performed very well the second half of this season and deserved the crown given the circumstances, but I just wish they didn't add in twist after twist to ensure that she won because she could've done so without it.

TLDR: loved the final challenge/runway, jury twist was executed poorly, poor decision made by the jury gave a pretty anticlimactic ending, but the winner deserved to win given the circumstances.

It's been an... interesting season! See you all Thursday for the premiere of season ten!

m8bPFV8.gif

I wanted Trixie to win since before the season started and had full faith she would even during the season, no mater how much people exaggerate her track record as “bad” when she won challanges, turned looks, and was the most successful one outside of drag race out of them all this season. 

Although I know Ru was expecting the top 2 to be Ben and Shangela overall tbh and had normal rules been in place it would’ve been the case, and Shangela would’ve won probably. 

It’s over and done with now and I’m happy, and would’ve been happy regardless because we’ve got a massively successful LGBT+ show on tv. Trixie’s best drag truly was her best drag, although I’m sad the rumours of her wearing the beautiful wig from S01E07 of TT&KS as her crowning/lipsync look never turned out to be true sigh. Shangela’s final lipsync idea sounded great and I would’ve loved to have seen it tbh. My only bad points is young fans of the show (younger than 20 typically) are ruining the damn atmosphere and being ridiculous about it. 

Roll on season 10, I’ve seen the spoilers by accident so I’m already prepared for meltdowns