Philip

Iggy SCALPS Azealia

Azealia wasn't blaming the reason why she isn't successful on racism,

she was talking about how Iggy perpetuates endemic racism by turning a predominantly Black genre into a mockery by adopting this minstrel show persona when she raps and performs

and White people have been doing this for years

everything from jazz to to blues to rock n roll

White people took it from Blacks and appropriated it

Not to say that there's anything wrong with White people making hip-hop music,

but Azealia's point here is that a lot of credit gets taken away from the source when things like this happen

It happened before with everyone from Benny Goodman to The Beach Boys

Of course Iggy Azalea is not a bigot,

but you can perpetuate racism without actually having a hatred for Black people

It's gotta hurt to see some less-than-mediocre White rapper scoring #1's and getting credit and cosigns from people as one of the "hottest rappers in the game," while also adopting a persona that seems to poke fun at stereotypical Black mannerisms when so many talented Black rappers who are authentic in their craft don't even get recognition

(i.e. Macklemore/Kendrick Lamar Grammygate)

The reason Azealia isn't successful is because she doesn't make music that caters to Top 40,

and she's burned hundreds of bridges with her horrible attitude (which I'm sure she's aware of)

Azealia does horrible things like make fun of miscarriages and defend rapists (things most of the stans on this board do daily),

but she does make very important points sometimes and she's a smart woman

tumblr_inline_mkasquXCwT1qz4rgp.gif

I can't at their feud being JUST like most arguments in NHB i.e. someone throws shade, the shaded tell them they're sad, waiting for Iggy to start telling us about how much of a life she has and that she definitely doesn't fuck her ******* creep1

What the actual HELL?

I'm absolutely done with Azealia. She makes it so difficult for people to like her.

Girl, shut the FUCK UP.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Rapping has never been and never will be a "black only" thing, so stop trying to make it one.

Different people do different genres, and I'm so goddamn tired of this messy troll taking out all of her problems and issues with her failing career on successful people gaga3

This has NOTHING to do with cultural appropriation. I'm so tired of that phrase. It's phony. The people who are the first to claim "cultural appropriation" are the bigots who are so delusional that they actually think a certain genre of music or dancing belongs to ONE SPECIFIC GROUP OF PEOPLE.

That's not how it works. You live on a planet with 6 billion other people. No matter what the origins, everyone is welcome to do whatever the hell they want.

I am DONE with this idiot spewing her nonsense on Twitter. 

Her issue with Iggy is that she's a white rapper, and a successful one at that. A successful white rapper who was denied a deal with Interscope because Azealia herself said she wouldn't sign if Iggy was signed. Azealia doesn't care about racism or cultural appropriation, she's mad because she THINKS she's the second coming of Jesus and she doesn't have the critical acclaim nor the sales to prove it.

All she cares about herself and it's absolutely disgusting. I cannot stand bigots who dislike other people because of their success. Let her LIVE.

I've had to deal with this mess all day, I've had people call me a Nazi in disguise, Uncle Tom, etc. because I'm a black male living in America who openly supports Iggy. 

I'm DONE gaga3

9nKzT.gif

My problem with Azealia is the fact that she's so childish. She may make great points, but its not even about her being a "bitter black woman." It's about her being a literal 2 YEAR OLD. Iggy made her points calmly and with grace, and Azealia can only come back with lame nicknames and gross insults. That's all she has. Any great points she may make is overshadowed by her piss poor attitude. There's a difference between being passionate and angry about something, and being an outright immature bitch for no reason. That's what she is.

I don't think Azealia is ''defending'' Bill, I mean, sure, her comment about those girls ''standing in line'' or whatever was repulsive, but here in this interview I didn't take it as her defending him but more like commentary on the timing of it.. like how terribly the media went about ferguson and garner and protests in general, but here comes bill cosby and from jump they're all over it with way more fervor even though it happened 20 years ago. which goes into everything else she was saying. I feel like she's reacting out of pure disbelief and irrationality if you know what I mean? Like, he was probably a father figure to her since her dad died when she was 2 from cancer so.. but yeah she needs to shake out of it.

she defended him on twitter and trivialized the situation

saying something like "they know they wanted that pudding pop"

I will never understand how does one or two white people rapping all of a sudden ruin all that is hip hop and black culture. um2

its the fact that mediocre white rappers are winning critical acclaim when they aren't doing what Eminem did - which was to rise above the rest in the game. Macklemore and Iggy's raps are mediocre. But they had huge hits and multiple Grammy nods. AB is questioning that. Why is it that black artists who do a much better job than these white artists get brushed under the rug come award season? That was her point.

its the fact that mediocre white rappers are winning critical acclaim when they aren't doing what Eminem did - which was to rise above the rest in the game. Macklemore and Iggy's raps are mediocre. But they had huge hits and multiple Grammy nods. AB is questioning that. Why is it that black artists who do a much better job than these white artists get brushed under the rug come award season? That was her point.

That's literally opinionated, though. If they did what Eminem did, they would be copycats. There's a lot of styles of rapping out there.  It's not like they always win a Grammy in the hip hop category. It was one year and Macklemore won it while Iggy is, at the moment, only nominated. Both Macklemore and Iggy has worked their way to today and deserve their success.

I prefer Macklemore over Iggy, though. His album is really good and isn't just poppy tracks compared to Iggy's pop/hip hop album. 

It's completely ignorant to discredit their success because of their color like it's absolutely their fault that they're successful and getting hits. Why does it have to be about color. It could really just be because their music is good. um2

That's literally opinionated, though. If they did what Eminem did, they would be copycats. There's a lot of styles of rapping out there. It's not like they always win a Grammy in the hip hop category. It was one year and Macklemore won it while Iggy is, at the moment, only nominated. Both Macklemore and Iggy has worked their way to today and deserve their success.

I prefer Macklemore over Iggy, though. His album is really good and isn't just poppy tracks compared to Iggy's pop/hip hop album.

It's completely ignorant to discredit their success because of their color like it's absolutely their fault that they're successful and getting hits. Why does it have to be about color. It could really just be because their music is good. um2

Yes it's very opinionated, I mean she is AB after all sass1

I don't necesarily agree with her, but I see her point and to be fair, she has a valid one.

What AB is saying is that she thinks Iggy and Macklemore are not exceptional. They aren't special and they aren't deserving of their Grammy nods/wins. She claims the only reason they are getting the attention isn't because they are good rappers or have exceptional talent, but because they are white. I agree with this. A mediocre black rapper will never get the attention of the Grammies, but here we have two mediocre white rappers getting success - is it because they are literally just better than their black competitors these years or is it because america likes it when foreign things are made accessible? This is the point AB is trying to argue, and I agree with the sentiment but not with the way she says it - she is too brash and not clear headed enough to have people see her reasoning without calling her "the angry black woman" which she plays to a T. Which is why there are so many people brushing her off as a moron who just wants publicity or whatever, but if you really look at what she's saying, she's got a totally valid point. That is a controversial statement, but what is AB but controversial?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.