Madonna

Endless Summer Tour - Setlist Discussion

Let's discuss the yet to be revealed setlist for Lana's upcoming world tour!

I for once, am sure that she's definitely gonna perform all of her singles due to the fact that there are going to be a lot of casual fans at her concerts, as usual. So I really don't think she's not going to play them at all.

I don't really like Cruel World as an opening song but I can't picture it anywhere else. It's definitely not as eclectic as Cola, but it's fine I guess.

Here's my setlist:

1. Cruel World*

2. Blue Jeans

3. Shades of Cool*

4. Ultraviolence*

5. Born to Die

6. Pretty When You Cry*

7. Black Beauty*

8. Big Eyes**

9. Fucked My Way Up to the Top*

10. Money Power Glory*
  11. National Anthem
  12. Young & Beautiful

13. Old Money*

14. Summertime Sadness / Bel Air (ocassionally)

15. Ride

16. Cola

17. Brooklyn Baby*

18. West Coast*

19. Video Games

20. Flipside* / Florida Kilos* (either one of them, I think they're the perfect "encore" songs)

The setlist will vary and not every song is going to be performed on every date. (I'm trying to be realistical)

All in all the setlist is supposed to show a transition from her "cold" to her "warm/summery" songs. Cruel World, eventhough it's rather a farewell song serves as an "in ultimas res" beginning to the story told where you start with the end and gradually reveal the conditions of the story's beginning.

Depending on when Honeymoon drops and when the tour ends, I think she'll play something new, though, too, towards the end of the tour. 

Also, the tour as far as we know right now is just one leg and that's a North American leg.

Well...this tour is mainly supposed to support Ultraviolence and I hope it stays that way.

Does the title "Endless Summer" sound very ultraviolent to you? jj1

Does the title "Re-Invention" sound very American Life-esque to you? jj1

Does the tour poster look summer-esque? jj1

Lana herself said that she is touring UV this year. jj1

Well...this tour is mainly supposed to support Ultraviolence and I hope it stays that way.

You remember how the Paradise tour ended, right? She sang songs from UV (mainly UV and I think, Brooklyn Baby) before the tour ended...   anna1     Don't be surprised when a Honeymoon song occurs during the end of the tour...

You remember how the Paradise tour ended, right? She sang songs from UV (mainly UV and I think, Brooklyn Baby) before the tour ended... anna1 Don't be surprised when a Honeymoon song occurs during the end of the tour...

No she didn't hahaha. She sang mainly songs from BTD/P and added WC and UV. She later played one new track occasionally.

She played Old Money, FMWUTTT, MPG, CW and attempted to sing SOC. The only regular songs were:

Cola

Body Electric

Blue Jeans

Born to Die

Ultraviolence

West Coast

Young & Beautiful

Ride (which got cut off at the very end of the tour)

Summertime Sadness

Video Games

The other ones she played for the third leg, varying occasionally were:

Radio

Old Money

FMWUTTT

MPG

CW

SOC

It was still the tour of her first and second record. She said herself before she announced the tour that she was excited to tour UV and that she some cool stuff planned. I think the problem with UV was mainly that at the time the album came out she was still forced to tour Paradise and had problems with her lable not really being fond of her material. (as reported by Dan A.) Her lable doesn't like her new stuff, that's no secret. But I'm sure she's gonna perform mainly songs from UV until the release of HM and even until then she might not even have enough time to rehearse the new material except for one or two songs. The tour should be over by the end of 2015 and who knows when HM is coming out...

No she didn't hahaha. She sang mainly songs from BTD/P and added WC and UV. She later played one new track occasionally.

She played Old Money, FMWUTTT, MPG, CW and attempted to sing SOC. The only regular songs were:

Cola

Body Electric

Blue Jeans

Born to Die

Ultraviolence

West Coast

Young & Beautiful

Ride (which got cut off at the very end of the tour)

Summertime Sadness

Video Games

The other ones she played for the third leg, varying occasionally were:

Radio

Old Money

FMWUTTT

MPG

CW

SOC

It was still the tour of her first and second record. She said herself before she announced the tour that she was excited to tour UV and that she some cool stuff planned. I think the problem with UV was mainly that at the time the album came out she was still forced to tour Paradise and had problems with her lable not really being fond of her material. (as reported by Dan A.) Her lable doesn't like her new stuff, that's no secret. But I'm sure she's gonna perform mainly songs from UV until the release of HM and even until then she might not even have enough time to rehearse the new material except for one or two songs. The tour should be over by the end of 2015 and who knows when HM is coming out...

She literally performed UV during her North American leg of her Paradise tour.

Either way, if this is anything like the last era, the first single will be played at the tour most likely at the end. Honeymoon is only 7 months away.

1. Cruel World
  2. Gods and Monsters 
  3. Ultraviolence
  4. Off To The Races
  5. Cola
  6. Video Games
  7. Blue Velvet
  8. Body Electric
  9. This Is What Makes Us Girls
  10. Dark Paradise
  11. Fucked My Way Up To The Top
  12. Off To The Races
  13. Radio
  14. Ride
  15. Lucky Ones
  16. Florida Kilos
  17. Shades of Cool
  18. Once Upon A Dream
  19. Money Power Glory

Encore:

Summertime Sadness

West Coast 

1. Cruel World
  2. Gods and Monsters 
  3. Ultraviolence
  4. Off To The Races
  5. Cola
  6. Video Games
  7. Blue Velvet
  8. Body Electric
  9. This Is What Makes Us Girls
  10. Dark Paradise
  11. Fucked My Way Up To The Top
  12. Off To The Races
  13. Radio
  14. Ride
  15. Lucky Ones
  16. Florida Kilos
  17. Shades of Cool
  18. Once Upon A Dream
  19. Money Power Glory

Encore:

Summertime Sadness

West Coast 

I'm sorry but realistically, she most likely won't perform Once Upon A Dream. I don't think she ever even did it live, did she?

I expect her to do The Other Woman, Sad Girl (maybe only half?), Shades of Cool in full, Brooklyn Baby and Pretty When You Cry, as far as new stuff goes. She's gonna totally diss Florida Kilos and never perform it. It wouldn't be surprising if Black Beauty got similar treatment.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.