SpillingtheDetails

I attended a Madonna Listening Party Last Week - Ask Me Anything

I am super excited about the album (like everyone else), just didn`t like the fact of "Two Steps Behind" not be included.

Damn that was the best song...

There are 2 "acoustic" demos of Rebel Heart and Wash all Over...

The final tracks sound like those? 

i think its better that Two Steps is well... two steps behind album ny1 we dont need that drama ny1

and i think they are not similar, RH final is more pop and less over produced

Thanks so much for all of the great information... you answered so many of the questions I have had regarding how the songs would change and what the bonus songs on the Super Deluxe version would be.

I'm having a hard time navigating through the thread because of the all the GIFs, etc., so I apologize if this has already been asked but here is my question:

Does the final version of Borrowed Time retain that Avicii "flavor" and does it have any additional lyrics that were not in the demo?  I love the demo but the lyrics seem somewhat "unfinished" because of Avicii's signature builds that accompany each verse. 

I was wondering if this structure has been retained or altered and if there's any "more" to the song in its new form?

My thoughts overall after reading your notes:

1. Hold Tight is my absolute favorite of the demos so I'm somewhat disappointed to hear that it has been altered so much but I'm excited to hear the new version all the same.

2. I love the Wash All Over Me demo so my inital reaction to hearing that it is now a ballad was to be concerned but having just relistened to it I am now excited as I believe the dance aspects of the demo are those I am most willing to "lose"... I hope the piano elements are at least somewhat similar to those in the demo version because those are quite beautiful.

3. I absolutely LOVE the Body Shop demo and I am perplexed as to why so many people hate it so much... I am pretty f'n THRILLED to hear that it hasn't been significantly changed.  It's a pretty perfect pop song IMO.

4. Holy Water and Graffiti Heart were the 2 demos that seemed most unfished to me so I'm glad they have received extensive changes.

5. God is Love and Never Let You Go are the 2 demos that I am most surprised and disappointed to see didn't make the cut in any form (as bonus tracks or whatever).

6. I thought Queen and Autotune Baby were made up rumors LOL so I'm excited there are 2 songs that I have not heard yet in any form. Ghosttown was a great surprise in the initial 6 song release.

Anyway... thanks again for sacrificing just enjoying the music while you listened to it in order to take so many notes for all of us not lucky enough to have attended the listening party.  I am extremely excited for the Grammy performance, the album and the tour.

xoxo