Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

xDEWx

Being a GaGa fan is so awkward.

i mean....seriously. that bitch copies everyone on the planet.

from Madonna to Bette Middler +laughcry+

then she says she is a real artist...i just can't.

she is the biggest joke & copycat in pop.

.. basically.

she has great moments in her career from time to time (paparazzi vid, judas vid +legend+) and her music is 80% great imo. ;) but i could never stan for her, i'm true to myself so she's not someone i can look up to.

.. basically.

she has great moments in her career from time to time (paparazzi vid, judas vid +legend+) and her music is 80% great imo. ;) but i could never stan for her, i'm true to myself so she's not someone i can look up to.

this oprah1

it's the same people that post in these type of threads, I notice +laughcry+

anyway, her originality is something to be debated, but her heart is in the right place.. she's obviously doing something right. so whatever. people will remain mad for no apparent reason :\

it's the same people that post in these type of threads, I notice +laughcry+

anyway, her originality is something to be debated, but her heart is in the right place.. she's obviously doing something right. so whatever. people will remain mad for no apparent reason :\

THIS.

The only awkward thing about being a Gaga fan is having to deal with jealous has-been stans.

She is one of if not THE most famous woman on the planet atm and has outsold many of your faves despite being in an era where piracy is at an all time high. To paraphrase Howard Stern, 'if this was in the past, you would have sold so much more and gotten so much more money'. Face it, if this was 1990, she would have outsold your faves easy.

But do you know what? She still earned more than Oprah last year and is considered one of the most powerful women on the planet and the 'queen of current pop' by Rolling Stone. WHO THE FUCK MAD? All of you, it seems :)

I keep hearing the whole copycat thing, and keep spreading that bitter jealousy. But like someone said above, she must be doing something right to be able to blow all your fave's careers to smithereens.

The only awkward thing about being a Gaga fan is having to deal with jealous has-been stans.

She is one of if not THE most famous woman on the planet atm and has outsold many of your faves despite being in an era where piracy is at an all time high. To paraphrase Howard Stern, 'if this was in the past, you would have sold so much more and gotten so much more money'. Face it, if this was 1990, she would have outsold your faves easy.

But do you know what? She still earned more than Oprah last year and is considered one of the most powerful women on the planet and the 'queen of current pop' by Rolling Stone. WHO THE FUCK MAD? All of you, it seems :)

I keep hearing the whole copycat thing, and keep spreading that bitter jealousy. But like someone said above, she must be doing something right to be able to blow all your fave's careers to smithereens.

+bravo+ *le reps*

Are you fucking sure with that tea Jim shock1 She did not earn more than Oprah

+1 +bravo+

Well... actually I have no receipts for this apart from an interview I don't think :P My bad. But I think you get the point I was trying to make.
Oprah still got them $275 million money baths, Gaga got around $80 million, I think? ny7 Yes, I get what you mean. ;)

I don't consider myself a Stan and I don't partake in many of the dynamics involved in being one (ie being up her arse in everything she does +laughcry+), and I can sort of see your point. Looking at it through an outsider's perspective, someone that isn't the type to be up-to-date with everything happening in pop music, her "creativity" can seem very odd, whack, bizarre, even scary at times, despite how catchy her music may be. In fact, I think her eccentricity and what her haters perceive as her being a "desperate try-hard" and a "copy cat" and all the media coverage they accompany, have made the public a little weary of her, which is one reason her album might be falling relatively quickly on the charts, despite boasting two top 3 hit singles.

She rose up slowly and was suddenly blown all up in our faces for two years, then she comes back and is trying to be many things at once - writer, producer, vocalist, dancer, arena-filling live spectacle, political and human rights activist, philanthropist (many of which she will remind us about constantly), all while controversies about stealing and copying are taking place, so it can be a little overwhelming, and I think she should take a break after this era ends, not just for her career's sake, but for her health as well...

That being said, I'd personally rather be a fan of someone who's so passionate and involved in every aspect of their profession that they have that bragging right of overwhelming the public +tehe3+, even if people think she copied this or that, than someone who might be a legend but aside from studio recordings doesn't give their fans much to get excited about and be proud of at all these days. Too much >> too little any day :).

And also, people may say she's not genuine, that she has a fake personality (which I think is true to a small extent), but one thing that's undeniable imo is her genuine love of music, of performing, of pleasing her fans, of being the best damn entertainer she can be. And that's nothing to be ashamed of +queenbitch+

Oh right, and the album Born This Way is up there with the best albums of the past few years. LOVE it.

Oprah still got them $275 million money baths, Gaga got around $80 million, I think? ny7 Yes, I get what you mean. ;)

omg fail :lmfao: ok ignore that part of my post hahaha

I don't consider myself a Stan and I don't partake in many of the dynamics involved in being one (ie being up her arse in everything she does +laughcry+), and I can sort of see your point. Looking at it through an outsider's perspective, someone that isn't the type to be up-to-date with everything happening in pop music, her "creativity" can seem very odd, whack, bizarre, even scary at times, despite how catchy her music may be. In fact, I think her eccentricity and what her haters perceive as her being a "desperate try-hard" and a "copy cat" and all the media coverage they accompany, have made the public a little weary of her, which is one reason her album might be falling relatively quickly on the charts, despite boasting two top 3 hit singles.

She rose up slowly and was suddenly blown all up in our faces for two years, then she comes back and is trying to be many things at once - writer, producer, vocalist, dancer, arena-filling live spectacle, political and human rights activist, philanthropist (many of which she will remind us about constantly), all while controversies about stealing and copying are taking place, so it can be a little overwhelming, and I think she should take a break after this era ends, not just for her career's sake, but for her health as well...

That being said, I'd personally rather be a fan of someone who's so passionate and involved in every aspect of their profession that they have that bragging right of overwhelming the public +tehe3+, even if people think she copied this or that, than someone who might be a legend but aside from studio recordings doesn't give their fans much to get excited about and be proud of at all these days. Too much >> too little any day :).

And also, people may say she's not genuine, that she has a fake personality (which I think is true to a small extent), but one thing that's undeniable imo is her genuine love of music, of performing, of pleasing her fans, of being the best damn entertainer she can be. And that's nothing to be ashamed of +queenbitch+

Oh right, and the album Born This Way is up there with the best albums of the past few years. LOVE it.

oprah1 I agree.

She does big up her achievements, but people shouldn't mistake it for arrogance. She isn't arrogant in my opinion. She obviously cares a lot for her fans, whatever people say, she is far more involved than the artists who simply say 'I love my fans, thanks to you all' and then that's it.

And at the end of the day, she is a true musician. She can read, write, compose, produce and play music and obviously has a very broad musical and pop cultural knowledge.

There's no doubt that she loves what she does, but it's becoming unhealthy. She is trying to do way too much at once and it's clear that she is being caught in her own artistic vision.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.