Philip

FUCKING FUCK FAKE FUCKING FUCK FUCK GRAMMYS FUCK

No I just don't see the reason for some currently irrelevant artist winning over a relevant artist. Also are you assuming I don't like American Life.

It's one of my favorite albums of hers and I don't like Ray of Light at all even though that was praised.

That's not really a good attitude to have and it's honestly one of the huge reasons why the Grammys went to shit in recent years. Successful songs are winning more and more often, over songs that are objectively better. Look at Chandelier losing to Stay With Me, mere minutes ago. Chandelier was a better song, but not as big of a hit, so it lost.

"Irrelevant" artists deserve praise just as much as "relevant" ones. Many of the less successful ones have to work even harder than successful ones. Hard work in that fashion should be rewarded. Either way, Beck won. It's in the past.

That's not really a good attitude to have and it's honestly one of the huge reasons why the Grammys went to shit in recent years. Successful songs are winning more and more often, over songs that are objectively better. Look at Chandelier losing to Stay With Me, mere minutes ago. Chandelier was a better song, but not as big of a hit, so it lost.

"Irrelevant" artists deserve praise just as much as "relevant" ones. Many of the less successful ones have to work even harder than successful ones. Hard work in that fashion should be rewarded. Either way, Beck won. It's in the past.

Sis your argument is wrong Sia is relevant but she lost sadly I'm pressed.

I don't care what you think anyways I think Beck is shit and didn't deserve an award for an album most people didn't know about.

Sis your argument is wrong Sia is relevant but she lost sadly I'm pressed.

I don't care what you think anyways I think Beck is shit and didn't deserve an award for an album most people didn't know about.

Sia's relevant, but Chandelier only hit #8 on the Hot 100, compared to Stay With Me's #2. It wasn't as big of a hit. Let's not even front here, honey.

Okay, well you're discounting entire genres of music because they're "irrelevant". That's willful ignorance and that's fine with me. Just don't go whining about it when things don't go your way.

See, you're ignoring the fact that an artist's most popular work is rarely their best. Surely you'd understand that, stanning for Madonna, whose least successful album, American Life, is widely considered to be a masterpiece.

It is her masterpiece imo rav1

Sia's relevant, but Chandelier only hit #8 on the Hot 100, compared to Stay With Me's #2. It wasn't as big of a hit. Let's not even front here, honey.

Okay, well you're discounting entire genres of music because they're "irrelevant". That's willful ignorance and that's fine with me. Just don't go whining about it when things don't go your way.

You're annoying.

You're now stating I think all music of Beck's genre is irrelevant.

I think HE IS not the entire genre.

Stop acting like a know it all Indie head.

You're annoying.

You're now stating I think all music of Beck's genre is irrelevant.

I think HE IS not the entire genre.

Stop acting like a know it all Indie head.

Because that's exactly what you just fucking said. You said "Irrelevant artists should not win awards". Beck's musical genre is folk rock. You don't hear folk rock on the radio. Therefore, it is a genre that you would consider irrelevant and any artist of that genre should not win an award.

Stop acting like you're not the whole problem with the Grammys. dead2

Because that's exactly what you just fucking said. You said "Irrelevant artists should not win awards". Beck's musical genre is folk rock. You don't hear folk rock on the radio. Therefore, it is a genre that you would consider irrelevant and any artist of that genre should not win an award.

Stop acting you're not the whole problem with the Grammys. dead2

I guess I made a wording mistake then.

Not to mention many of those "irrelevant" artists are admired by, are an influence to, covered/sampled by, and often collaborate with "relevant" artists. moo1 People can have a fucking seat.

Not to mention many of those "irrelevant" artists are admired by, are an influence to, covered/sampled by, and often collaborate with "relevant" artists. moo1 People can have a fucking seat.

So true. Just look at Sia, who influenced tons of people before becoming "relevant" in the US. Supremely talented woman who went underappreciated for years.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.