Gilly

Style video is HERE

What a horrible video. It was boring. These hidden meanings should be in something like Wildest Dreams, not on Style. Blank Space >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THIS.

I love the intro and the scenes during the first verse but after that it got quite repetitive and lame tbh.

The video lacks a storyline (which is quite tragic considering the rather detailed lyrical narrative of "Style") and the art direction gives me We Found Love/Summertime Sadness teas (thank you Taylor for adding even more fire to those tiring "comparisons"). I'm disappointed beyond words tbh. Maybe my expectations were simply too high :(

Cute video. Some parts are great, and I definitely don't mind the lack of narrative but frankly it's quite repetitive. I zoomed out for like 20 seconds and when I paid attention again it was like I didn't even take my eyes off at all lol

Anyway, I'm glad that Taylor is growing as a video artist... frankly a lot of her videos prior to 1989 era were mediocre but this era she has stepped it up for sure, so I can't complain cry1

The video lacks a storyline (which is quite tragic considering the rather detailed lyrical narrative of "Style") and the art direction gives me We Found Love/Summertime Sadness teas (thank you Taylor for adding even more fire to those tiring "comparisons"). I'm disappointed beyond words tbh. Maybe my expectations were simply too high :(

I totally agree. While I love the artistic vibe of the video I don't anticipate re watching it much if at all, compared to the blank space video which I've watched loads. She could have saved the visually artistic video for a later single; style deserved a video with a strong storyline and not one of repeated shots that eventually got boring.

What I find annoying is that all the video thumbnails and stuff looked really interesting, they could have been when she was lipping and it would have tied the video together, with her body fading into different scenes for each verse. Instead it was a confusing mash of unconnected scenes that seemed to slow the whole video down.

I totally agree. While I love the artistic vibe of the video I don't anticipate re watching it much if at all, compared to the blank space video which I've watched loads. She could have saved the visually artistic video for a later single; style deserved a video with a strong storyline and not one of repeated shots that eventually got boring.

What I find annoying is that all the video thumbnails and stuff looked really interesting, they could have been when she was lipping and it would have tied the video together, with her body fading into different scenes for each verse. Instead it was a confusing mash of unconnected scenes that seemed to slow the whole video down.

Exactly! Couldn't agree more.

But it will rack up tons of views anyway I guess.

that intro! that neck huh! omg that long neck of hers!

first of all I love the song my second fave New Romantics my no.1 love ofc  and I was expecting a bit different.

I have to say if you mute the song and play Wildest Dreams it would fit perfectly. I really didnt expect a moody MV for Style I always thought it would be a stylish video and a good promo for KEDS! I was expecting something outdoorsy or some road trip visual like some Levi's Ad something like that, you know cause we never go out of style? 

for a very chill and laidback cool song the video is very slow and moody and yes I agree with @Robert I definitely see Summertime Sadness and We Found Love: the misty dream-like woods and the wall with light projections. I admire her take on new things like being vulnerable and stuff again those scenes would have been perfect for Wildest Dreams "his hands are on my hair, his clothes are in my room" I could picture that in WD's mv.

I love the art tho I like the dream like feel the smokes and the random transitions from scene to another scene.

my favorite part is her and that tree layer effect.

overall its beautiful enchanting video that is obviously meant for tumblr reblogs, I bet she did that on purpose! ny1

I know some of you are disappointed not in a bad way and confused its the same way as Katy's DH for egyptian theme, that could have been perfect for Legendary Lovers. 

yeah I know how it feels