BlackJesus

Lady Gaga to Star in American Horror Story

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-lady-gaga-american-horror-story-20150225-story.html

Prepare yourself, Little Monsters. Your leader is about to bring her special brand of scary to prime time.

Lady Gaga, the chameleon-like rock star who has boosted her career by crooning with Tony Bennett, will star in the fifth installment of FX's "American Horror Story," producers announced Wednesday.

No details were immediately available on her role or the premise of the latest installment of the limited series, which is set to premiere its next season in October. The franchise changes locations and storylines each season.

The announcement came just a few days after Gaga set the twitttersphere on fire with her sweeping performance of songs from "The Sound of Music" at the Oscars ceremony. She is also scheduled to go on tour with Bennett during the coming months.

Perhaps she caught the acting bug from her fiance, Taylor Kinney, who stars in NBC's "Chicago Fire."

Gaga is not the first rocker to bring star power to "American Horror Story," which is executive produced by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. Stevie Nicks also made her acting debut on the series.

Pepare yourself, Little Monsters. Your leader is about to bring her special brand of scary to prime time.

Lady Gaga, the chameleon-like rock star who has boosted her career by crooning with Tony Bennett, will star in the fifth installment of FX's "American Horror Story," producers announced Wednesday.

No details were immediately available on her role or the premise of the latest installment of the limited series, which is set to premiere its next season in October. The franchise changes locations and storylines each season. 

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

The announcement came just a few days after Gaga set the twitttersphere on fire with her sweeping performance of songs from "The Sound of Music" at the Oscars ceremony. She is also scheduled to go on tour with Bennett during the coming months.

Perhaps she caught the acting bug from her fiance, Taylor Kinney, who stars in NBC's "Chicago Fire."

Gaga is not the first rocker to bring star power to "American Horror Story," which is executive produced by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. Stevie Nicks also made her acting debut on the series.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-lady-gaga-american-horror-story-20150225-story.html

So many surprises from her lately. Frankly I'm worried she will undo what she just built.

The expectations for this will be... incomparably high. Her acting will be scrutinized to every minuscule detail and she will be compared to Jessica Lange to no end. I hope she faces this challenge with as much practice as she did with the Oscars.

If she pulls this off successfully it would not only by amazing but it will do unimaginable wonders to her already extremely prosperous career. 

GO GAGA gaga13

So many surprises from her lately. Frankly I'm worried she will undo what she just built.

The expectations for this will be... incomparably high. Her acting will be scrutinized to every minuscule detail and she will be compared to Jessica Lange to no end. I hope she faces this challenge with as much practice as she did with the Oscars.

Jessica's pretty much an impossible act to follow, so Gaga should probably focus on differentiating herself somehow. After three seasons of bitch-mode Jessica Lange, perhaps a softer lead character would improve the show. I guess that assumes she'd be the lead though, which isn't explicitly stated in the article; just implied by the fact that Gaga got to announce the title of the season.

If she pulls this off successfully it would not only by amazing but it will do unimaginable wonders to her already extremely prosperous career. 

GO GAGA gaga13

Nawt you teasing me like this cry7

Jessica's pretty much an impossible act to follow, so Gaga should probably focus on differentiating herself somehow. After three seasons of bitch-mode Jessica Lange, perhaps a softer lead character would improve the show. I guess that assumes she'd be the lead though, which isn't explicitly stated in the article; just implied by the fact that Gaga got to announce the title of the season.

Yeah, there will undoubtedly be other leads even if she is in fact one of them. Given the announcement and video tho it appears she will be more than just a side character.

I'm so so so excited for this cry6  If Ryan Murphy plays his cards right he can really give this, let's be honest, sinking show a new life.

Gaga is not an actress but I hope, she'll prepare for this as she should!

A Jessica Lange comparison would be absolutely pointless, there's no way she could outdo an Oscar winning actress in her whole lifetime, hopefully people will realise that!