Kylie

Britney Spears explains how she twisted her ankle after hotel incident

Britney Spears Explains How She Twisted Her Ankle & Shows Off Swollen Foot After Hotel Incident

Britney Spears

"It's so bad," the star said of her injury in a video.

Britney Spears won’t be doing any heavy dancing or jumping for the next few weeks. Soon after telling fans on Instagram that she twisted her ankle at a Los Angeles hotel — an incident that resulted in an ambulance responding to the scene early Thursday morning (May 2) — the pop star shared videos of her injured foot on Instagram, and they aren’t for the squeamish at heart.

In the clips, Spears gives a close-up of the dark, painful bruises covering her right foot, the skin around her ankle visibly swollen. “It’s so bad,” the musician tells followers from behind the camera. “F–king idiot here tries to do a leap in the living room at the Chateau and I fell and embarrassed myself. That’s it.”

“Paramedics came to my door and, of course, caused this huge scene,” she continued. “Which was so unnecessary, and all I needed was ice. It is actually pretty bad, but s–t happens.”

The pop star also included a photo of her lawyer, Mathew Rosengart, who served as her attorney during her conservatorship termination case in 2021. “Psss this man is wonderful !!!” Spears wrote in her caption. “He’s like a father to me and he got me through last night !!! I adore you and admire you mister Mathew !!!”

The post came a few hours after Spears confirmed in an Instagram statement that she’d twisted her ankle overnight at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles, which resulted in an ambulance being dispatched to the hotel. Photos from the scene captured the “Toxic” singer exiting the building barefoot alongside rumored boyfriend Paul Richard Soliz.

The local fire department later confirmed to Billboard that a 911 call requesting aid for an unspecified adult female had been placed around 12:42 a.m., though it wasn’t clear whether paramedics ever encountered or treated the injured person. According to the LAFD, the dispatched ambulance left around 1:17 a.m., and there was no law enforcement response to the incident.

“Just to let people know … the news is fake !!!” Spears wrote at the time. “I would like respect at this time for people to understand I am getting stronger everyday. … I also twisted my ankle last night and paramedics showed up at my door,” she continued. “They never came in my room but I felt completely harassed. I’m moving to Boston !!!”

Also on Thursday, news broke that the Woman in Me author had settled her divorce from ex-husband Sam Asghari, less than a year after the pair announced they were ending their 14-month marriage. Per court documents obtained by Billboard, the split is bound by “a written agreement” regarding the ex-couple’s property and spousal support arrangements.

Source:

Spoiler

X