CNN fires interim chair Donna Brazile after she leaked 2nd debate question to Hillary

CwGoXm0WEAIFR37.jpg

Interim chair of the Democratic National Committee Donna Brazile has parted ways with CNN after it was revealed via leaked documents that she provided Hillary Clinton‘s campaign with debate questions ahead of time.

“CNN never gave Brazile access to any questions, prep material, attendee list, background information or meetings in advance of a town hall or debate. We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor,” the network released in a statement (via THR).

“Her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint,” one email from Donna apparently read about what one audience member would be asking.

Earlier this month, Donna denied she had ever shared information.

“Thank you @CNN. Honored to be a Democratic Strategist and commentator on the network. Godspeed to all my former colleagues,” Donna tweeted today.

Source

Lol Debbie Wasserman Shultz Jr. Just more proof that the primaries were not fair. Ugh, and now we're stuck between a rock and a hard place this election. SMH. 

Sure Trump is worse, but getting Hillary still means getting a lying, cheating, corrupt, power-hungry, warmongering, irresponsible, arguably illegitimate candidate that's in bed with Wall Street, the pharmaceutical companies, big money, Republicans and the regressive establishment and will do anything for political gain and doesn't really look out for the little people. Thankfully, the president doesn't have that much practical power, and thanks to Benrie and other progressives people are beginning to wake up to the madness, but it's   still depressing.

On October 31, 2016 at 9:10 PM, HeatSeeker said:

Lol Debbie Wasserman Shultz Jr. Just more proof that the primaries were not fair. Ugh, and now we're stuck between a rock and a hard place this election. SMH. 

Sure Trump is worse, but getting Hillary still means getting a lying, cheating, corrupt, power-hungry, warmongering, irresponsible, arguably illegitimate candidate that's in bed with Wall Street, the pharmaceutical companies, big money, Republicans and the regressive establishment and will do anything for political gain and doesn't really look out for the little people. Thankfully, the president doesn't have that much practical power, and thanks to Benrie and other progressives people are beginning to wake up to the madness, but it's   still depressing.

If the Senate turns blue, Bernie gets to be Chair of the Senate Budget Committee, which is amazing, and I think he and Warren are really gonna hold Clinton's feet to the fire on a lot of these progressive issues, especially if the Dems have the majority. If she doesn't deliver by 2020, I completely expect a moderate Republican to win, and/or they'll try to get another Democratic nominee to challenge her.

2 hours ago, Nick said:

If the Senate turns blue, Bernie gets to be Chair of the Senate Budget Committee, which is amazing, and I think he and Warren are really gonna hold Clinton's feet to the fire on a lot of these progressive issues, especially if the Dems have the majority. If she doesn't deliver by 2020, I completely expect a moderate Republican to win, and/or they'll try to get another Democratic nominee to challenge her.

I don't know what the best scenerio is. She will be under fire from day one because of the Weiner and the Clinton Foundation investigations. She will either be:

1. Impeached and Kaine will then become president and then someone will challenge him

2. Not deliver and then be challenged

22 hours ago, lautnerfied said:

I don't know what the best scenerio is. She will be under fire from day one because of the Weiner and the Clinton Foundation investigations. She will either be:

1. Impeached and Kaine will then become president and then someone will challenge him

2. Not deliver and then be challenged

If the Senate turns blue she won't get impeached. Even if it isn't, the impeachment process is very hard and long, and Republicans are gonna have to decide whether it's smart to wage another 4 year war on a Democrat, create gridlock (which this would cause), and possibly bring rise to another demagogue, or just wait the 4 years out and try and nominate a decent, moderate Libertarian type for 2020 (Bill Weld comes to mind, he came out supporting Clinton today).

If progressive legislation comes to her desk, I can't see her vetoing it. That would alienate almost the entire Democratic base and she would get very little support in 2020. Even Obama signed in some tough regulations, and he's taken more Wall Street/special interest money than Hillary could ever dream of. Even if she doesn't push for some of it, I think she'll sign it.

8 hours ago, Nick said:

If the Senate turns blue she won't get impeached. Even if it isn't, the impeachment process is very hard and long, and Republicans are gonna have to decide whether it's smart to wage another 4 year war on a Democrat, create gridlock (which this would cause), and possibly bring rise to another demagogue, or just wait the 4 years out and try and nominate a decent, moderate Libertarian type for 2020 (Bill Weld comes to mind, he came out supporting Clinton today).

If progressive legislation comes to her desk, I can't see her vetoing it. That would alienate almost the entire Democratic base and she would get very little support in 2020. Even Obama signed in some tough regulations, and he's taken more Wall Street/special interest money than Hillary could ever dream of. Even if she doesn't push for some of it, I think she'll sign it.

I have heard of Cruz or Ryan in 2020