Vesper

You HAVE to read this article about Britney

I read it and was in shock of how honestly on point it was. Shady points aside, it really speaks to a lot of why I love Britney so much and how the VMAs was a success despite all its mishaps. cry3 

And this line is fall1

"listening to all of Britney Spears’s albums in chronological order is like looking at an Animorphs cover of a teen girl gradually turning not into a woman, but a cyborg."

https://theringer.com/britney-spears-glory-album-vmas-42701dddac4c#.y1cb6tyms

The perfumes of fiction and fantasy obscure the harsh outlines of Britney’s reality, allowing her to remain visible while also giving her some of the privacy she’s long sought after — only she knows what’s real.

To be a woman is to be seen, even in the moments when you wish you were invisible. But Britney has neither disappeared nor made herself wholly legible to us. In her recent cultural resurgence, she has managed something powerful and near impossible for a female celebrity: to remain a cipher in plain sight.

Lovely article on feminism and the societal demands of women using Britney's life as a mirror aretha1