Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Alek

Rihanna Discusses Playing Whitney Houston In Biopic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q5U8eLiDoSA#!

(Whitney question @ 3:00 mark)

Rihanna has been everywhere lately! But then again, isn’t she always?

In a fun interview to promote ‘Battleship’ the alleged vocalist caught up with Fifi & Jules in her hotel room to discuss an array of topics including music, her revolving door of a love life, and playing the late icon Whitney Houston in a biopic.

*Gasp*

See what RhiRhi had to say about playing Houston on the silver screen after the jump and sound off below.

If Rihanna played Whitney Houston would her performance soar like her singles on Billboard–or would she fall flat like her octaves on stage? Discuss.

Source

I actually think she could do a really good impression of Whitney... the only problem is the vocals but that could be said for ANYBODY trying to play Whit. Even Mariah cant belt like that (not that Mariah would play whit but whatev)...

Tbh why is anyone concerned about who can sing when discussing the role? It would be horseshit to have someone play an iconic singer (ANY iconic singer) and have them do their own singing. No. That voice is one in a million, that's why it's special. Anyone who gets the role should lip sync all the musical stuff as much as possible, so I don't even think a singer has to play her.

Tbh why is anyone concerned about who can sing when discussing the role? It would be horseshit to have someone play an iconic singer (ANY iconic singer) and have them do their own singing. No. That voice is one in a million, that's why it's special. Anyone who gets the role should lip sync all the musical stuff as much as possible, so I don't even think a singer has to play her.

That's true. Would they use Whitney's old songs I guess?

I mean what did they do for Angela Bassett and the Tina Turner movie?

Basically what Pipi and Colin said. Nobody could and should attempt to even try to sing like Whitney for the role. It just wont fly. Maybe they should take vocal strength training for possible acapella stuff through the movie, but as far as performances and "studio sessions" in the movie, it should be lipped.

I'm not sure Rihanna is up for it, being honest. It would be better if an actor with better experience did it IMO. Halle Berry could do it IMO. Not only is she beautiful but she can act.

That's true. Would they use Whitney's old songs I guess?

I mean what did they do for Angela Bassett and the Tina Turner movie?

Tina actually re-recorded a lot of stuff for the movie. I think part of that was so they didn't have to get the rights from Ike or anyone else, if he still owned them. She gave up all that stuff in the divorce. So even the songs Angela mimes to when she's like 20 years old in the film, Tina just made new versions. Now that's impossible because Whitney is no longer alive, but I'm sure they could find a way. For example, Whitney sang about 20-30 seconds a cappella on Arsenio Hall once of the first song she ever sang in public. If you need that scene, the first time she sang in church, they can just isolate the vocal, clean it and adjust it a bit, and create a scene that suits it so it's legit. They can TOTALLY do that kind of shit with today's technology. And so many live performances of hers have been documented that there's really no worry.

Tina actually re-recorded a lot of stuff for the movie. I think part of that was so they didn't have to get the rights from Ike or anyone else, if he still owned them. She gave up all that stuff in the divorce. So even the songs Angela mimes to when she's like 20 years old in the film, Tina just made new versions. Now that's impossible because Whitney is no longer alive, but I'm sure they could find a way. For example, Whitney sang about 20-30 seconds a cappella on Arsenio Hall once of the first song she ever sang in public. If you need that scene, the first time she sang in church, they can just isolate the vocal, clean it and adjust it a bit, and create a scene that suits it so it's legit. They can TOTALLY do that kind of shit with today's technology. And so many live performances of hers have been documented that there's really no worry.

wow that's true. Do you really think this movie will see light of day?

True tbh.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.