Fierce

VMA Aaliyah Tribute

So with this years VMA's being held on August 25th which is the anniversary of Aaliya's death and her being born in Brooklyn, do you think they will do a special tribute to her during the show?

I think it's only fitting that they should since both her birth & death have a relation with the date & location.

RIP BABY GIRL.

tumblr_mcxwkggYGR1rijmvyo1_400.gif

There is really no need for another one tbh.

Sis, that was right after her death, obv. they would have one out of respect.

Whatever happened to a simple 1 min tribute to celebrate a staple in this music industry that was taken way too young.

Michael gets tributes all the time, now I am not saying Aaliyah was MJ, but she was definitely at her reign when she was taken. I'm just saying this would be the prefect time for a career tribute since everything lined up perfectly with dates..

Sis, that was right after her death, obv. they would have one out of respect.

Whatever happened to a simple 1 min tribute to celebrate a staple in this music industry that was taken way too young.

Michael gets tributes all the time, now I am not saying Aaliyah was MJ, but she was definitely at her reign when she was taken. I'm just saying this would be the prefect time for a carer tribute since everything lined up perfectly with dates..

idk I just feel like it's not needed. They'll probably mention it at the VMA's but I doubt that they will do an actual tribute performance or anything.

idk I just feel like it's not needed. They'll probably mention it at the VMA's but I doubt that they will do an actual tribute performance or anything.

Oh, no I didn't mean a performance. I mean like a small video montage of her career highlights etc.