Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LittleDudeNT5

I'm Exhausted by the Disdain People Have for Mariah

Does anyone else experience this in their real lives? I feel like I can't find anyone who enjoys Mariah's music, can name a song of hers beyond AIWFCIY, or even respects her as a person.

A friend of mine even called her a "spoiled slut". I nearly smacked her, tbh. It felt especially rude considering she should have known from at least two occasions that I'm a fan of hers.

I will say that most of my friends are white 20-ish year-olds, and I feel like Mariah resonates more with the black community these days. (Although I'm just presuming that).

It's just really irritating, and I don't feel like sitting there and trying to change people's minds when something like that happens. Do you think this will change in the future? Does anyone else here feel as secluded as I do as a Mariah fan in their real lives?

Who the fuck calls someone a spoiled slut? How much of a fucking asshole do you have to be... rip4 

I can understand criticism about her music, music taste is subjective and varies from person to person, but I've never understood how people can personally insult her without having known her, or even having met her? 

It does drive me nuts. 

I'm loud and proud about it, but I understand where you're coming from, and I've just gotten to the point where I've taken the mentality that if you don't like it, you can kiss my ass. 

1 hour ago, Mamacita said:

Who the fuck calls someone a spoiled slut? How much of a fucking asshole do you have to be... rip4 

I do have fun with that friend a lot, but she can be a huge bitch sometimes. She knows that too creep1 She's also the worst to argue with so I didn't bother. I'm glad that my other friend in the room (who also isn't a big fan of Mariah or anything) seemed kind of put off by that comment.

Just now, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I do have fun with that friend a lot, but she can be a huge bitch sometimes. She knows that too creep1 She's also the worst to argue with so I didn't bother. I'm glad that my other friend in the room (who also isn't a big fan of Mariah or anything) seemed kind of put off by that comment.

That just seems so overly vitriolic rip4 Like Mariah killed her puppy or something. 

51 minutes ago, Jae said:

The attitude she has displayed to the GP just hasn't matched up with her tragic highly publicized performances imo, I hope she's able to redeem herself this NYE 

I agree, her image has been tarnished with the bad performances and the whole 'diva persona' that she puts on didn't help. The good performances now sadly don't get much attention outside the stanbase. NYE is truly a chance to reedem herself

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.