Snow

Charlie Puth: “I am very horny. All the time.”

charlie-puth-wango-tango-2022-billboard-

On Thirst Traps:

The other natural side-effect of a breakup is you become preoccupied with thinking about when you’ll get laid again, which is perhaps one reason why Puth’s social media presence has become incredibly raunchy: during the pandemic, he became notable for ascending to new levels of public horniness.

In between his how-to videos on music chords and notes, his feeds are a flood of dirty jokes, shirtless, blatant thirst traps, videos of himself working out, or just straight-up zooms into his crotch as he wears underwear that leaves little to the imagination. If you don't know what his body looks like, then you haven't been on social media the past two years.

"I am very horny,” Puth admits. “All the time."

But he insists it’s really just about showing off the hard (and costly: "These gym sessions are expensive in LA!") work that went into achieving his dream figure. He maintains that he doesn’t post them "to antagonize anybody."

On Queerbaiting Allegations:

He's referring to a growing suspicion among his fans that he's gaybaiting—posting sexually explicit content in order to attract a gay male audience, despite identifying as straight.

He denies playing games: If anything, he admits he's used the queer community for inspiration in his music. He drives through West Hollywood every day, and one time, when he was listening to a song he was working on and “half-happy with,” he passed the WeHo gay clubs Pump and The Abbey, “and everybody was out dancing to something that's not being played on the radio.”

“I think LGBTQ+ culture is so ahead of its time, culturally, sonically, musically, everything-ly,” he adds, “that when I had a less than perfect song at the studio and I was by myself and I saw everybody having a great time, I literally heard a different song in my head. I rearranged the whole thing, I drove back to the studio, I was so inspired."

That song, he says, eventually became "Loser" on Charlie.

x