Harry.

Why did Rita Ora FLOP in the US?

Her only real hit in the US was Black Widow, and that was thanks to Iggy Azalea. 

She's obviously talented, and her discography has many hits that should have been huge in the US. 

Here's an example of one of the biggest hits.

#1 UK 

#77 US 

I always chalked it up to the reason Tinashe and Becky G didn’t really take off the way that might have. The market was already saturated with pop stars just like them, those same pop stars dominated 90% of the market, and when you have to share 10% of the pie with an ever growing pool of people, whenever you gain traction, you wither and die. 

I feel like if she had come along now, when there’s really a dearth of new-ish pop girls, she could’ve taken off. 

Because she was seen as a Rihanna copy from the get-go, and as much as I like her music it’s not really that interesting. She has always just followed trends and done whatever was popular at the time.

rita has always been the "disposable" kind of pop star... yk? the one producers call to make quick generic beats to try and get a hit which is why her sound / career is a whole mess, the one where she's called as a feature but the song ends up eating her up... there's nothing remotely interesting about rita ora honestly or even distinctive about her. she's cute for a couple of bops but that's it

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always chalked it up to the reason Tinashe and Becky G didn’t really take off the way that might have. The market was already saturated with pop stars just like them, those same pop stars dominated

I really like her and I love her voice. I think some of her music is great but her albums have so many fillers. And as already stated - she was seen as a cheap Rihanna copy from start. 

She could have had 2013 locked, when all the pop girls where dry af, but she decided to release generic music  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.