RihannaRTT

Taylor Swift | Shake It Off | Aug 18

i don't know about this 600k debut tbh. WANEGBT debuted with what? 616k? I don't see this doing anywhere near that. Especially when the highest debut of the year - Problem - was 440k. If I had to give an estimation, I would say 480-530k (I don't see it outdoing Roar fw tbh). 

Yeah but you'll never know because of airplay and streaming etc...

Exactly. This is why I hate charts that are not based on Sales 100%. Especially those with Streams; it's cheating tbh. 

Bang Bang had the 2nd biggest opening of the year and debuts (and so far) peaks at #6. WTF? 

Exactly. This is why I hate charts that are not based on Sales 100%. Especially those with Streams; it's cheating tbh. 

Bang Bang had the 2nd biggest opening of the year and debuts (and so far) peaks at #6. WTF? 

I prefer the UK charts for this very exact reason.

And how the hell isn't Bang Bang in the top 3 yet? Hopefully the VMA performance will give it a push.

Streaming isn't cheating it's how people listen to music now. It makes charts more accurate. 

Streaming isn't cheating it's how people listen to music now. It makes charts more accurate. 

For free. Go on youtube for that. It's cheating. Simple. It helps no more than Illegal Downloads; perhaps we should include that too? 

Sales show that people actually cared enough to buy the song. If you have no money, you shouldn't impact the charts. Period. 

(I have strong opinions on this moo1 )

Not cheating sis :awk:

It's an indication of what songs are the most popular in the U.S, the purpose of Billboard. Most people prefer to stream because it's cheaper and far more convenient :awk:

If you want to look at sales, check out a 1989 catalogue or look at the charts in Costa Rica.

Not cheating sis :awk:

It's an indication of what songs are the most popular in the U.S, the purpose of Billboard. Most people prefer to stream because it's cheaper and far more convenient :awk:

If you want to look at sales, check out a 1989 catalogue or look at the charts in Costa Rica

Your definition of streaming is no different than Illegal Downloading. Let's include that in charts too. You pay for everything else, you should do so for music too.

For free. Go on youtube for that. It's cheating. Simple. It helps no more than Illegal Downloads; perhaps we should include that too? 

Sales show that people actually cared enough to buy the song. If you have no money, you shouldn't impact the charts. Period. 

(I have strong opinions on this moo1 )

I understand but this is just the future and things are changing. It's just like Netflix. It's a more accurate display of a song's popularity in this new age. The music industry is changing and we have to deal with it moo1 

I understand but this is just the future and things are changing. It's just like Netflix. It's a more accurate display of a song's popularity in this new age. The music industry is changing and we have to deal with it moo1

At least we still have the Digital Songs chart. It means more to me. 

I don't find it fair that the biggest debut of the year so far - Problem - debuts at #2 because of some viral hit video blocking it. If streaming had a SMALL percentage like in the UK (Crazy Stupid Love sucked on streams but still went #1 against Rude), then I would be more accepting. But when you have both radio and streams (and they include YOUTUBE in streams... I know you CAN pay for some services; and I would be more open if ONLY those counted (and only those who paid) but not when it's completely free.)

I've hated Billboard for years though. I hate the fact that radio counts too. If it was digital only, Wide Awake would have been #1 moo1

I've hated Billboard for years though. I hate the fact that radio counts too. If it was digital only, Wide Awake would have been #1 moo1

Do you really hate BB because of how they do the charts or because they deprived your favorite song of all time the #1 mad1