ajp

Celine Dion

YAS, Cequeen. oprah2 Nippy was my first fave, but Slayline was my second fave and is still my fave along with Nippy and Queen Dolly. Vocal beast, humble as anything, so kind to everyone, works her ass off, and gave us so many flawless power ballads. cry0

LMBTL was a great album, with 1 music video fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

LMBTL has some duds, but it's still better than Taking (No) Chances. sass1 Breakaway ALONE > the entire Taking Chances CD. ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'>

I listened to her 1999 Greatest Hits CD about two or three days ago.  First time I had played it in a good ten years or so.

And now I can't get the epic It's All Coming Back to Me Now out of my head.

That song isn't even my favorite Celine song (Water from the Moon is).

Was watching CNN this morning and making breakfast and still couldn't get Coming Back out of my head.

Stan that underrated gem. brit2

Useless trivia: I once tweeted Broadway and TV legend Kristin Chenoweth to ask what her fav Celine song was and that was ha answer. whit1 I was expecting an obvious answer like Because You Loved Me or MHWGO, so it was a pleasant surprise. demi1

I discovered Celine round about this time last year. Before, she was never on my radar. But I listened to her French stuff and her music around A New Day Has Come and my life was changed. I remember watching Celine documentaries and falling asleep in front of my laptop LOL (not because it was boring, but because there was something magical about her). Cool stuffz

I listened to her 1999 Greatest Hits CD about two or three days ago.  First time I had played it in a good ten years or so.

And now I can't get the epic It's All Coming Back to Me Now out of my head.

Was watching CNN this morning and making breakfast and still couldn't get Coming Back out of my head.

Omg cry8 It's All Coming Back To Me is magic cry8

Water from the Moon is amazing too cry5 

Woulda smashed in the US if she'd properly promoted and top 40 radio wasn't run by ageist pricks. brit2

brit2 

Stan that underrated gem.

Useless trivia: I once tweeted Broadway and TV legend Kristin Chenoweth to ask what her fav Celine song was and that was ha answer.  I was expecting an obvious answer like Because You Loved Me or MHWGO, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Not useless to me.  I appreciate you passing that info on.

I'm from Tulsa and so is Kristin.  She's worshipped like 500x more than Garth Brooks + Hanson combined in these neck of the woods.

Not useless to me.  I appreciate you passing that info on.

I'm from Tulsa and so is Kristin.  She's worshipped like 500x more than Garth Brooks + Hanson combined in these neck of the woods.

She's also 1000x better than them. ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'>

YAS, Cequeen.  Nippy was my first fave, but Slayline was my second fave and is still my fave along with Nippy and Queen Dolly. Vocal beast, humble as anything, so kind to everyone, works her ass off, and gave us so many flawless power ballads.

She does seem to be the nicest person ever.

I was reading Kathy Griffin's book a couple of summers ago and you know how Kathy can find something bad with everybody?  The subject of Celine Dion came up (they met at some awards show I believe) and well, she literally just flat out revealed that she couldn't find anything mean or ghastly to say about Celine.   Pretty damned remarkable for Kathy.

You know how you can tell that even some of the nicest celebs are hiding under a fake sense of friendliness?  That doesn't seem to be the case with Celine.  I think it has something to do with being brought up with so many siblings.  She was raised right!

She does seem to be the nicest person ever.

I was reading Kathy Griffin's book a couple of summers ago and you know how Kathy can find something bad with everybody?  The subject of Celine Dion came up (they met at some awards show I believe) and well, she literally just flat out revealed that she couldn't find anything mean or ghastly to say about Celine.   Pretty damned remarkable for Kathy.

You know how you can tell that even some of the nicest celebs are hiding under a fake sense of friendliness?  That doesn't seem to be the case with Celine.  I think it has something to do with being brought up with so many siblings.  She was raised right!

I'll never forget the standup special where she told the story of meeting her and found herself petting her hair and told Celine "I'm petting your hair" and Celine goes "Ruff ruff, I bark like dog for you." dead2 Best part of that story is anyone who's paid attention to Celine during interviews, backstage footage, etc. knows Kathy probably didn't even have to make that up. ayumi1

I'll never forget the standup special where she told the story of meeting her and found herself petting her hair and told Celine "I'm petting your hair" and Celine goes "Ruff ruff, I bark like dog for you." dead2 Best part of that story is anyone who's paid attention to Celine during interviews, backstage footage, etc. knows Kathy probably didn't even have to make that up. ayumi1

"One of your stories. I don't know if I wanna hear one of your stories!"

- - -

Several thoughts:

1) Today I learned that the week My Heart Will Go On peaked at a (then) record-breaking 117m impressions, the #2 song in airplay was Truly Madly Deeply with 83m. fall1

2) Celine always played about ten years older than she really was (consider the fact that Mariah was singing Heartbreaker at the age Celine was singing Tell Him, and that she, Gwen Stefani, and Jennifer Lopez are basically the same age), but this performance presents her as so youthful. I don't even mind that she's lipping because honestly this song loses like 60% of its vitality when she sings it live and lowers the key.

3) One of the few things I will forever hold in bitterness, as a fan of pop music, is the way Celine's record label mishandled A New Day Has Come's campaign. It was the freshest, most eclectic album in her career, and so many single opportunities were missed. Like, "let's not release Sorry For Love, I Surrender, or Ten Days, but Goodbye's (The Saddest Word) is an excellent choice."