Say Lou Lou

Is ...Baby one more time the most iconic debut lead single ever?

2 minutes ago, light741 said:

I never said she is the only one.

6 minutes ago, Kuba said:

What makes you think she wont? I'm not here to discredit Mariah's impact, but acting like she's the only one entitled to having singing impact, based on your opinion, is quite ridiculous. Especially considering that other people had and will continue to have major vocal impact. 

No of course it's not ridiculous to say that she has a singing legacy. But by that argument, so does Christina. 

Don't twist my words sis.

Majority of your arguments are about how big her legacy is and how incomparable everyone else's is, even though most, if not all arguments you have used are applicable to both Christina and the other artists she is being compared to. 

7 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

It still surprises me how you can say things like that, but then defend Mariah's place up there with people like Aretha and Etta rip3 You'd think someone as dull and mediocre as Mariah would be met with the same disregard as someone as dull and mediocre as Christina ayumi1 Weird double standard. In my book, if we're gonna argue about quality and technical prowess, neither Mariah nor Christina deserve to be up there with the greats. It will always be comical to me that you pretend your taste/knowledge is reinforced by your pretending that Mariah is somehow that much more impressive than Christina, like they're not both washed up pop stars who 100% rely on their vocal inspirations wendy2

But not all of them are defined by their fail moments in the public eye wendy2

Mariah is not on the same level as Aretha and Etta. Whitney is not on Aretha and etta's level either. So next time. Watch the whole conversation. Because you missed the part where i said that they are below people like Aretha and Etta.

Mariah and Whitney are no perfect technically speaking. But their technique and singing impact run circles around xtina. Saying that Mariah is not one of the greats.

tumblr_lp4c3e1ojd1qmj04jo2_400.gif

tumblr_lp4c3e1ojd1qmj04jo3_400.gif

tumblr_lp4c3e1ojd1qmj04jo4_400.gif

4 minutes ago, light741 said:

tumblr_lp4c3e1ojd1qmj04jo2_400.gif

All irrelevant dodging, as you usually do. I made that comment in response to you saying "poor Aretha if Christina if considered to be a vocal legend now!!" (I wasn't talking about her being on the same level, just as being included in their category as vocal legends, and so were you when you made that comment) as if the same doesn't apply to Mariah, who you now, ironically, admit is not on Aretha/Etta's level either rip3 I guess Aretha should be crying because you're calling Marirah a vocal legend too then, if we use your logic.

I think you're being too quick. Whitney's technique/impact runs circles around both Mariah and Christina, it's still weird to me how you keep protecting Mariah from the same scrutiny you throw at Christina wendy2 It's so unfair. Fan boy prejudice no doubt.

Just now, Earth Ripper said:

All irrelevant dodging, as you usually do. I made that comment in response to you saying "poor Aretha if Christina if considered to be a vocal legend now!!" (I wasn't talking about her being on the same level, just as being included in their category as vocal legends, and so were you when you made that comment) as if the same doesn't apply to Mariah, who you now, ironically, admit is not on Aretha/Etta's level either rip3

I think you're being too quick. Whitney's technique/impact runs circles around both Mariah and Christina, it's still weird to me how you keep protecting Mariah from the same scrutiny you throw at Christina wendy2 It's so unfair. Fan boy prejudice no doubt.

You said xtina is up there with Aretha.

The fact that you think Mariah's technique and singing impact are barely above xtina.... Nice try. Mariah is without a doubt far closer to Whitney than xtina. 

You said xtina is up there with Aretha.

I said that's how the public thinks of her, and her being chosen alongside Aretha to grace the cover of a special Rolling Stone issue about the greatest vocalists of all time is proof of that wendy2 Too bad Mariah was left out.

The fact that you think Mariah's technique and singing impact are barely above xtina.... Nice try. Mariah is without a doubt far closer to Whitney than xtina. 

But then you have already established that that doesn't matter, it's about what you add to someone else's vocal legacy wendy2 I don't care that you imagine Mariah's technique is better than Christina's (like they're not both shit and have been shit since early on in live situations), I just think it's laughable that you pretend Mariah added something to Whitney's legacy, but Christina didn't, based on absolutely nothing objective rip3 I still think that, compared to Whitney, they should be placed in the same camp, as derivatives of Whitney who added a minor component to Whitney's vocal style — ironically, in both instances they've been mocked/criticized for what they added, i.e. oversinging ayumi1 That thing in common tells you something, doesn't it?

3 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

I said that's how the public thinks of her, and her being chosen alongside Aretha to grace the cover of a special Rolling Stone issue about the greatest vocalists of all time is proof of that wendy2

But then we have already established that that doesn't matter, it's about what you add to someone else's vocal legacy wendy2 I don't care that you imagine Mariah's technique is better than Christina's (like they're not both shit and have been shit since early on in live situations), I just think it's laughable that you pretend Mariah added something to Whitney's legacy, but Christina didn't, based on absolutely nothing objective rip3 I still think that, compared to Whitney, they should be placed in the same camp, as derivatives of Whitney who added a minor component to Whitney's vocal style — ironically, in both instances they've been mocked/criticized for what they added, i.e. oversinging ayumi1 That thing in common tells you something, doesn't it?

And you think Mariah is not.

Saying that Mariah has a shitty technique is a lie bigger than a house. But of course a madonna stan will try everything to bash Mariah like she is nothing.

What else new?. Oh bow down to the master of objectivity. LOL. Take a hyke jack.

Just now, Jjang said:

And of course you would ignore the points and post your phony ass gifs 

What point?. The double standard?. Saying xtina is up there with Aretha and then bashing Mariah as mediocre?. Saying xtina's singing is on the same level as Mariah?. Those aren't points. They are lies.

9 minutes ago, light741 said:

What point?. The double standard?. Saying xtina is up there with Aretha and then bashing Mariah as mediocre?. Saying xtina's singing is on the same level as Mariah?. Those aren't points. They are lies.

I called them both mediocre, actually wendy2

This just exposes your front. You pretend to care about vocal prowess, but you go mad when someone points out that Mariah and Christina are shit compared to legends like Aretha and Etta ayumi1 That's just a reasonable opinion to have when we're talking about excellence, and for someone who has already acknowledged that Mariah is beneath Aretha/Etta in terms of technique and impact, yours is a laughably overemotional response that shows your fan colors behind the "I love Etta James, so my opinion is legit!" façade. I guess you're just a typical Mariah stan who cloaks his irrational standom in "I care about vocal technique!" fables rip3

Meanwhile, you're accusing me of being a typical Madonna stan for bashing Mariah, even though I bashed Christina in this same thread alongside her ahs1 Poor creature running out of proper ways to shade. You already know that I, the typical Madonna stan apparently, bash Madonna herself frequently when she deserves it, so I guess I should be an example to you bey6 Honor your fav where it is due, and bash her where it is due aretha1 When it comes to vocal capability and impact, Mariah is in the same basket as Christina, i.e. below Whitney.

4 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

I called them both mediocre, actually wendy2

This just exposes your front. You pretend to care about vocal prowess, but you go mad when someone points out that Mariah and Christina are shit compared to legends like Aretha and Etta ayumi1 That's just my opinion, and for someone who has already acknowledged that Mariah is beneath Aretha/Etta in terms of technique and impact, it's a laughably emotional response. I guess you're just a typical Mariah stan who cloaks his irrational standom in "I care about vocal technique!" fables rip3

Meanwhile, you're accusing me of being a typical Madonna stan for bashing Mariah, even though I bashed Christina in this same thread alongside her ahs1 Poor creature running out of proper ways to shade. You already know that I, the typical Madonna stan apparently, bash Madonna herself frequently when she deserves it, so I guess I should be an example to you bey6 Honor your fav where it is due, and bash her when it is due aretha1 When it comes to vocal capability and impact, Mariah is in the same basket as Christina, i.e. below Whitney.

Being below Etta and Aretha doesn't mean Mariah is shit. xtina has the pipes. But you can't say her vocals are on par with Mariah. Because objectively speaking they are not, not by a good margin.

So yes. You are the typical madonna stan that bash Mariah. Nothing new. 0:45. When certain madonna stans show their true faces.

9 minutes ago, light741 said:

Being below Etta and Aretha doesn't mean Mariah is shit. tina has the pipes. But you can't say her vocals are on par with Mariah. Because objectively speaking they are not, not by a good margin.

So yes. You are the typical madonna stan that bash Mariah. Nothing new. 0:45. When certain madonna stans show their true faces.

You're more biased than anyone else here though file1 You're the only one making exceptions for your fave, she's allowed to be below Etta / Billy / Aretha / Whitney and still be considered a vocal legend but Christina can't? The world doesn't work that way, Mariah is considered a vocal legend due to the plethora of singers that she influenced so why can't you accept the same for Christina? The concepts of melisma and belting that Mariah excessively used (which Didy referred to as oversinging aka the more honest word for it) were already established by high profile vocalists that came before her. So for you to run your mouth and act like the bitch is the only vocal legend of the past 3 decades when there are tons of other non - Pop vocalists out there who actually experimented and established new and more unique vocal approaches is just deluded. Sorry file1

12 minutes ago, light741 said:

Being below Etta and Aretha doesn't mean Mariah is shit. xtina has the pipes. But you can't say her vocals are on par with Mariah. Because objectively speaking they are not, not by a good margin.

All I'm saying is that neither Mariah nor Christina's vocals are on par with Whitney's lmao. Once again, hilarious how you try to block people's opinions by lying about their statements/intentions rip3

I still don't understand how I'm the typical Madonna stan bashing Mariah when I'm throwing two singers under the bus, and not just Mariah ari1 Could you care to explain that bit?

I didn't even enter this discussion to talk about Mariah, I, regardless of my personal opinion about Christina's vocals in the context of legends like Aretha and Etta, just wanted to argue that yes, Christina is regarded as a vocal legend who did have a significant level of impact wendy2 I'm only bringing up Mariah to talk about your double standards. You're willing to throw Christina under the bus for adding nothing new to Whitney's vocal style, but then you continuously ignore people's questions about what Mariah then added. As multiple people have pointed out by now, your arguments against Christina actually work against Mariah too ayumi1 Now please, don't be the typical brainless Mariah stan, and elevate yourself to the level of being able to respond to the actual points.

Just now, Jjang said:

You're more biased than anyone else here though file1 You're the only one making exceptions for your fave, she's allowed to be below Etta / Billy / Aretha / Whitney and still be considered a vocal legend but Christina can't? The world doesn't work that way, Mariah is considered a vocal legend due to the plethora of singers that she influenced so why can't you accept the same for Christina? The concepts melisma and belting that Mariah excessively used (which Didy referred to as oversinging aka the more honest word for it) were already established by high profile vocalists that came before her. So for you to run your mouth and act like the bitch is the only vocal legend of the past 3 decades when there are tons of other vocalists out there actually experimented and established new vocal approaches is just deluded. Sorry file1

Saying that the use of melisma=oversinging is ridiculous. But of course you had to go there and say she oversings.

2 minutes ago, light741 said:

Saying that the use of melisma=oversinging is ridiculous. But of course you had to go there and say she oversings.

That's literally what she's most known for though in the context of impact. It's even on her Wikipedia page rip3 Same for Christina.

Just now, Earth Ripper said:

All I'm saying is that neither Mariah nor Christina's vocals are on par with Whitney's lmao. Once again, hilarious how you try to block people's opinions by lying about people's statements/intentions rip3

I still don't understand how I'm the typical Madonna stan bashing Mariah when I'm throwing two singers under the bus, and not just Mariah ari1 Could you care to explain that bit?

I didn't even enter this discussion to talk about Mariah, I, regardless of my personal opinion about Christina's vocals in the context of legends like Aretha and Etta, just wanted to argue that yes, Christina is regarded as a vocal legend who did have a significant level of impact wendy2 I'm only bringing up Mariah to talk about your double standards. You're willing to throw Christina under the bus for adding nothing new to Whitney's vocal style, but then you continuously ignore people's questions about what Mariah then added. As multiple people have pointed out by now, your arguments against Christina actually work against Mariah too ayumi1 Now please, don't be the typical brainless Mariah stan, and elevate yourself to the level of being able to respond to the actual points.

I know that Whitney is the overall bigger legend. I have never compared xtina or Mariah to Whitney as their equals. But Mariah actually gave Whitney a run for her money in terms of vocal accalaim and impact. In a way xtina has not. Saying that xtina is comparable to Mariah in technique or singing impact is a lie bigger than a house. And you like certain other madonna stans, are very fast to throw Mariah under the bus at any given time. So.

3 minutes ago, light741 said:

I didn't say that, I said the heavy use of melisma is oversinging and Mariah / Christina are prime perfect examples of that. Facts, learn them file1

1 minute ago, Earth Ripper said:

That's literally what she's most known for though in the context of impact. It's even on her Wikipedia page rip3 Same for Christina.

It doesn't mean she is oversinging. Do you have any idea how much xtina overdoes it?.

13 minutes ago, light741 said:

Sis the typical Madonna stans supplied you with plenty of evidence (Nothing new!) which you keep dodging in favour of your own opinions. Don't discredit this argument with such a sloppy claim 

Just now, light741 said:

But Mariah actually gave Whitney a run for her money in terms of vocal accalaim and impact.

rip3

Plain fiction.

Just now, light741 said:

In a way xtina has not.

Even though she's listed right alongside Mariah in all the "best vocalists" lists and was, like I showed, the youngest vocalist to be featured in Rolling Stone's list of top vocalists of all time, a magazine you yourself mentioned as having ultimate authority when it comes to identifying vocal legends rip3 You should be studied, your level of hypocrisy is truly fascinating.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love artists with multiple debut singles 

•Peaked at #1 in EVERY country that charted •+15M units sold •Iconic MV •Skyrocketed Britney as a living legend with only 17 years old •Inspired many artist (and many more to come)

DEBUT lead single

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.