Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Beyoncé flopping why?

And I can't at ya'll being brave enough to criticize her move to make an Afrocentric statement with this album. fall6 Had Gaga done something remotely similar you'd praise for her like being the only original and most risk taking artist of all time blah blah... when in reality had Gaga done this she'd like do 150 interviews about how Nala saved her life (once again) and made her feel like a child again therefore inspired her to make a Kidz Bop inspired Lion King soundtrack. You should be fucking grateful (aren't you a Bey stans as well? smh, fakers) that even on side projects she's still on brand and not abandoning what her audience loves about her. burn1

34 minutes ago, Merryem said:

beyonce is also a legend and there's the hive so where's the demand for the gift?

what target audience does c2c have that the gift doesn't rip4 jazz fans? the sales were hugely supplemented by monsters of which 99% don't care about jazz rip4 

and i wouldn't say te world forgot about gaga. i mean she went on to perform at the oscars the next year.

Jazz album vs afrobeat album plus none knew that album is/will be out plus that is not Beyoncé album ...

17 minutes ago, Jjang said:

And I can't at ya'll being brave enough to criticize her move to make an Afrocentric statement with this album. fall6 Had Gaga done something remotely similar you'd praise for her like being the only original and most risk taking artist of all time blah blah... when in reality had Gaga done this she'd like do 150 interviews about how Nala saved her life (once again) and made her feel like a child again therefore inspired her to make a Kidz Bop inspired Lion King soundtrack. You should be fucking grateful (aren't you a Bey stans as well? smh, fakers) that even on side projects she's still on brand and not abandoning what her audience loves about her. burn1

The problem is Ga Ga ‘s fans aka monsters liddos etc are kids who grew up with her and they don’t or can’t accept other successful acclaimed and legendary artists... Bey is pushing 40 Ga Ga is striking iron while is hot ... Beyoncé has her legacy ...not everyone has that ... being someone from day 1 is something hard to achieve and because she is not as successful as she used to be ... because of streaming perhaps or her fans are adults now? Especially those who started with DC ... 

brit15 the JOKE with the two posters above is that the gaga fans in this thread are all also beyoncé fans. yet we can acknowledge that a flop is a flop. no one is denying that bey released a great album or anything. giving me madge fans turned katy kats during witness; any opportunity to “drag” gaga, no self awareness at all. 

6 minutes ago, Merryem said:

brit15 the JOKE with the two posters above is that the gaga fans in this thread are all also beyoncé fans. yet we can acknowledge that a flop is a flop. no one is denying that bey released a great album or anything. giving me madge fans turned katy kats during witness; any opportunity to “drag” gaga, no self awareness at all. 

The difference is that katy with witness was a SOLO album and era, it's part of her discography. 

The Gift is an album that Beyonce is on some songs while other songs have different artists completely. It just so happens it is heavily promoted around her but no one thinks this as a Beyonce album except some of y'all on here 

But let's say yes The Gift flopped. How does this help your narrative? Its just a flop soundtrack like many others. Until Bey releases her next solo album y'all cant asses her overness. 

2 hours ago, Merryem said:

what target audience does c2c have that the gift doesn't rip4 jazz fans? the sales were hugely supplemented by monsters of which 99% don't care about jazz rip4  

I counted LMs as part of her target audience, as she literally told her fans to promote the album and its Amazon deal for her, even on GGD, a forum she hates jj2 C2C's target audience was two loyal fanbases who like to spend money on albums. Bey's target audience for The Gift is young African American women. And there we go.

Excuse me but why the music of the album counts? brit15 It doesn't matter if it's inspired by Africa, is an album by Beyonce. Lower than 100k is just bad for her standards. brit15

Just now, Madame X said:

Excuse me but why the music of the album counts? brit15 It doesn't matter if it's inspired by Africa, is an album by Beyonce. Lower than 100k is just bad for her standards. brit15

It’s literally being classified as “Various Artists” and a “compilation album”, what are you talking about mad5 

2 hours ago, Merryem said:

and i wouldn't say te world forgot about gaga. i mean she went on to perform at the oscars the next year.

And that was my point: C2C wasn't enough. She had to pull a stunt at the Oscars for people to remember her and then people forgot about her again until she made another stunt at the Oscars a year later and then people forgot about her again until she pulled a stunt at the Superbowl wendy2 Poor sis had to go on a multiple year long rebranding streak to motivate people to buy her music again. How many interviews did she do for C2C and ASIB? She went on fucking Ellen to sell a soundtrack. A soundtrack. Beyoncé just dropped self-titled and Lemonade with only a minimum of promo, not even doing interviews about it, and they sold like hot cakes. Her work and reputation sells itself rih14 No co-hosting of The Late Late Show or embarrassing SNL performances required ari6 I'm not saying anything's wrong with promo or that Gaga doesn't deserve her success (she's a strategic genius) but by comparing Gaga's and Bey's rebranding phases (and they both needed one) it's obvious that Gaga focuses on marketing and Bey on quality. Illustration? Gaga, after months of intensive planned media exposure about her life-changing, "I've never been so fulfilled by an artistic project" new movie (with some handy love rumors of her and Bradley) brings her Oscar to Kimmel to brag about her success, Bey works silently on a musical statement about African culture and lets it speak for itself, despite appearing in what will be the highest-grossing live action remake of Disney's most iconic animated film, a movie Bey hasn't even done one interview for mad8 Bey's barely playing the pop star game anymore. So it's time we stopped judging her career and success based on its rules.

1 hour ago, Merryem said:

See, I don't buy that. brit15 I honestly feel like part of you stans Bey (as in forum display) in order to make your Gaga stanning seem less delusional and you're exposing that shit with your behavior right now. brit1 You acknowledge that a flop is a flop? brit15 Honey I've had tons of long arguments with both of you when Gaga was getting shat on by her competition and ya'll kept doing the "but she's experimenting!! but she's taking risks!! but not radio friendly!! excuses for years. You only acknowledge a flop when Bey or your other "faves" flop it seems, while you coddle and make exceptions for Gaga.

1 hour ago, Earth Ripper said:

I counted LMs as part of her target audience, as she literally told her fans to promote the album and its Amazon deal for her, even on GGD, a forum she hates jj2 C2C's target audience was two loyal fanbases who like to spend money on albums. Bey's target audience for The Gift is young African American women. And there we go.

We could say the same for TLK, what's this mind gymnastics orangu1 

C2C was for Gaga and Tony fans + jazz lovers, while TLK is for Beyonce and TLK fans + African women. orangu1

Advanced issues found

3 hours ago, Gravity said:

The difference is that katy with witness was a SOLO album and era, it's part of her discography. 

The Gift is an album that Beyonce is on some songs while other songs have different artists completely. It just so happens it is heavily promoted around her but no one thinks this as a Beyonce album except some of y'all on here 

But let's say yes The Gift flopped. How does this help your narrative? Its just a flop soundtrack like many others. Until Bey releases her next solo album y'all cant asses her overness. 

ok that's literally it brit15 just saying that the gift flopped and that beyonce is not as popular as she once was. which im sure we can all agree to. not saying she's over. brit15 

Advanced issues found

2 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

And that was my point: C2C wasn't enough. She had to pull a stunt at the Oscars for people to remember her and then people forgot about her again until she made another stunt at the Oscars a year later and then people forgot about her again until she pulled a stunt at the Superbowl wendy2 Poor sis had to go on a multiple year long rebranding streak to motivate people to buy her music again. How many interviews did she do for C2C and ASIB? She went on fucking Ellen to sell a soundtrack. A soundtrack. Beyoncé just dropped self-titled and Lemonade with only a minimum of promo, not even doing interviews about it, and they sold like hot cakes. Her work and reputation sells itself rih14 No co-hosting of The Late Late Show or embarrassing SNL performances required ari6 I'm not saying anything's wrong with promo or that Gaga doesn't deserve her success (she's a strategic genius) but by comparing Gaga's and Bey's rebranding phases (and they both needed one) it's obvious that Gaga focuses on marketing and Bey on quality. Illustration? Gaga, after months of intensive planned media exposure about her life-changing, "I've never been so fulfilled by an artistic project" new movie (with some handy love rumors of her and Bradley) brings her Oscar to Kimmel to brag about her success, Bey works silently on a musical statement about African culture and lets it speak for itself, despite appearing in what will be the highest-grossing live action remake of Disney's most iconic animated film, a movie Bey hasn't even done one interview for mad8 Bey's barely playing the pop star game anymore. So it's time we stopped judging her career and success based on its rules.

i'm not sure what you mean by "forgot" about her brit15 what is she supposed to do in between music and performances? brit15 how did people "forget" about her when she's consistently booking the most prestigious gigs in show business while embarking on a sold out world tour and having the highest grossing vegas residency? brit15 you could easily say people "forgot" about beyonce until she did EIL, and then "forgot" about her until she did coachella, and then "forgot" about her until she did the lion king? brit15 it's obvious you just hate gaga and want to discredit the quality of her work. congrats to beyonce for the acclaim and great album, and all the more power to her for promoting african culture in the mainstream. doesn't mean gaga had any lower quality of work with the soundtrack or the movie, or her superbowl and oscar performances brit15

Advanced issues found

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

See, I don't buy that. brit15 I honestly feel like part of you stans Bey (as in forum display) in order to make your Gaga stanning seem less delusional and you're exposing that shit with your behavior right now. brit1 You acknowledge that a flop is a flop? brit15 Honey I've had tons of long arguments with both of you when Gaga was getting shat on by her competition and ya'll kept doing the "but she's experimenting!! but she's taking risks!! but not radio friendly!! excuses for years. You only acknowledge a flop when Bey or your other "faves" flop it seems, while you coddle and make exceptions for Gaga.

ok? don't buy it then, i literally don't have anything to prove brit15 last time i defended gaga "flopping" was when i was 13 years old during artpop brit15 which is why i said the hive is reminiscent of monsters during artpop brit15 

either way believe what you want lol i dont really care.

While I'm not the biggest Bey fan, I have to defend here with just a simple fact:

People would care more if it was just her on the album and no one else. The fact that it's a joint album (that's being promoted like it isn't one) turns a lot of people off. 

On 7/21/2019 at 3:37 AM, Sylk said:

its time to face the hard facts, Beyonce is a legend with acclaimed music, performances etc but she does not have the sales/chart prowess of other legends like Madonna and Mariah. I think she realized that a long time ago, that her time at the top of the charts was flailing, so she stopped catering to the charts but instead to the critics. Which is the best thing tbh, she has a different type of success now that's not limited 

i think this is the best way to put it

sure she might hop on a remix or add herself to a popular song but thats the most "gimmicky" thing she's done

she's not releasing bundle after bundle or fuming on the tl and she's obviously not trying to make her out to be this hitmaker y'all think she wants to be 

I think it's best to wait for her next solo album before we decide how bad her decline is. I'll admit that I expected both Everything is Love and The Gift to do MUCH better. The media makes Beyonce & Jay-Z seem like the biggest couple on Earth and yet people didn't care about their duet album at all? The Gift is attached to a massive movie but there is a separate soundtrack that people are more likely to check out, so I'd say The Gift is more of a side-project and can't be compared to her solo albums.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter for Beyonce if she "flops". She's been around a long time, it won't hurt her if she underperforms occasionally.

On 7/23/2019 at 11:48 PM, Freaky Prince said:

C2C was for Gaga and Tony fans + jazz lovers, while TLK is for Beyonce and TLK fans + African women. orangu1 

Bye sis ari6 Why would TLK fans care about that album lol. They already have two soundtracks and Bey's album barely has anything to do with that movie on every level, but esp. musically and lyrically.

On 7/24/2019 at 1:25 AM, Merryem said:

it's obvious you just hate gaga and want to discredit the quality of her work. congrats to beyonce for the acclaim and great album, and all the more power to her for promoting african culture in the mainstream. doesn't mean gaga had any lower quality of work with the soundtrack or the movie, or her superbowl and oscar performances brit15

I don't recall saying it was lower quality work (I mean, I agree with that but I don't think I said it here) gaga6 I'm just saying Gaga's expertise is marketing tactics. That doesn't mean her work is necessarily bad.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.