Unapologetic Bitch

Kylie Minogue | Tension | September 22, 2023

2 hours ago, Disco Darling said:

HOWEVER, I'm pissed that she really included 0 out of 10 in the album because it's just ass. The sudden urge to delete that song and replace it with Beat of My Heart from KMO sessions is getting the best of me. Really Kylie? 10 out of 10 over Hello and Drum? I want to know who suggested her to do this because that person needs to get fired.

also it's not like the song was a smash hit and by including it she'll get to inflate streams dead2 it's last bonus track material at best dead2

8 minutes ago, plutoniano said:

also it's not like the song was a smash hit and by including it she'll get to inflate streams dead2 it's last bonus track material at best dead2

It's just an itunes exclusive track for me. It has the We Are One.mp3 feat Japanese rapper vibe.

It's beyond me why she decided to add the song when she had multitude of songs from Disco and Golden that did not make the cut of the parent albums and can be used for Tension with minor tweaks, like say Tears of Joy or even Feel the Love.

I wonder what she really liked about it.

Kylie "No Skips" Minogue strikes again. kylie3

Excited to hear the bonus tracks in full and HQ before making any final rankings, but after a few listens, the early standouts for me are:

Spoiler

You Still Get Me High: This is just a perfectly crafted pop song, ESPECIALLY because I didn't realize that the snippet I had heard was the ending, so what a fun surprise to hear the different choruses building up to that final release.

Hands: How was this not on the Barbie soundtrack? Who is rapping?? I have so many questions but this is such a real fun groove, almost feels a call back to Let's Get To It or Body Language.

Love Train: This is so dumb and weird and perfect, it immediately reminded me of Koocachoo or even How I Roll or Private Show by Britney, which is *excellent* company to be in.

Vegas High: Lives were changed, cultures were reset. I haven't felt this same sense of "the world is ending and you have 3 minutes left to let it all out on the dance floor" since On A Night Like This.

Honestly, the whole album flows very well and HOT TAKE, but I'm glad they included 10 Out Of 10 too. It's a cute song and fares MUCH  better in the context of an album than just a standalone single. Not sure if it'll end up ranking as high as DISCO or Aphrodite for me, but I definitely prefer it over Kiss Me Once and Golden already. Perched for the official drop next week!  kylie6

14 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

Album sound and lyrics give me strong feeling that Tension album concept came from Lost Without You recording sessions, lot of songs either give off similar vibe, or have similar lyrical content.

Album is good, still very Kylie, it kinda gives me X vibes more than anything if we would have to compare it to previous albums.

This was my exact thought too, especially Hold On To Now, Things We Do For Love, and Story. They're definitely the most 80s synth-pop of the bunch too.

The X comparison is fitting because it definitely jumps around with different styles and influences while still feeling cohesive as an album, which is something she hasn't really nailed since imo. Aphrodite and Disco both had the vibe completely locked down (not a bad thing per se), and KMO and Golden kinda felt all over the place despite having a lot of strong songs on each.

Tracks 1 to 6 (Side A) is probably the best track run she has ever had for an album, ngl kylie6

Track 1 - Padam

Track 2 - Hold On To Now - Next Single Material

Track 3 - Things We Do For Love (STEPS coded - I just can’t unhear this)

Track 4 - Tension

Track 5 - One More Time - (DISCO reject)

Track 6 - You Still Get Me High - (Justin Bieber and STEPS coded bop)

Track 7 - Hands (the Barbie Soundtrack reject song just killed the vibe for me as Side B goes off the rails)

Track 8 - Green Light (DISCO reject)

Track 9 - Vegas High (STEPS reject)

Track 10 - Not a 10

Track 11 - Story (Should have been track 7)

1 hour ago, ajp said:

Tracks 1 to 6 (Side A) is probably the best track run she has ever had for an album, ngl kylie6

Track 1 - Padam

Track 2 - Hold On To Now - Next Single Material

Track 3 - Things We Do For Love (STEPS coded - I just can’t unhear this)

Track 4 - Tension

Track 5 - One More Time - (DISCO reject)

Track 6 - You Still Get Me High - (Justin Bieber and STEPS coded bop)

Track 7 - Hands (the Barbie Soundtrack reject song just killed the vibe for me as Side B goes off the rails)

Track 8 - Green Light (DISCO reject)

Track 9 - Vegas High (STEPS reject)

Track 10 - Not a 10

Track 11 - Story (Should have been track 7)

The Hands obliteration. 

It's actually a nice change of pace after an up beat track. It could have been better off without the other girl rapping and Kylie just doing the song by herself but it's not that bad. She has not recorded a slinky song with a bit of RnB-ishness since Body Language and at the very least it's a much more refreshing song than 10 out of 10.

Repositioning it by making it go after PP and adding Green Light, One More Time and Vegas High after it made me like it.

29 minutes ago, Disco Darling said:

The Hands obliteration. 

It's actually a nice change of pace after an up beat track. It could have been better off without the other girl rapping and Kylie just doing the song by herself but it's not that bad. She has not recorded a slinky song with a bit of RnB-ishness since Body Language and at the very least it's a much more refreshing song than 10 out of 10.

Repositioning it by making it go after PP and adding Green Light, One More Time and Vegas High after it made me like it.

Good suggestion rih2

I just think her vocals are the feature on Hands and if anything would have worked as a bonus track. rav3 I may move it and see if it works better there. rav3

1 hour ago, ajp said:

Good suggestion rih2

I just think her vocals are the feature on Hands and if anything would have worked as a bonus track. rav3 I may move it and see if it works better there. rav3

yeah she definitely sounds like she's the feature dead2 

7 hours ago, ajp said:

Good suggestion rih2

Should she release it as a single after Hold On to Now, it will likely have Come Into My World rerecording treatment. She had like two or three rap singing verses and just did background rapping before she did the chorus. I did love the harmonization, it was cute. 

I can see why she liked the song because it's pretty cute but she could have recorded all the rap-sung vocals or just hired a rapper to do it, like maybe, Lisa from Blackpink or even try to get a Doja Cat colab.

Presumably, Ryan Ashley was the one doing the first few rap verses but you can hear Kylie in the background before the Barbie verse. But there were verses that were clearly Kylie.

Or maybe this is not the final version of Hands?

Hold On to Now had a very different outro when it leaked awhile back without the choir ending.

31 minutes ago, Disco Darling said:

Should she release it as a single after Hold On to Now, it will likely have Come Into My World rerecording treatment. She had like two or three rap singing verses and just did background rapping before she did the chorus. I did love the harmonization, it was cute. 

I can see why she liked the song because it's pretty cute but she could have recorded all the rap-sung vocals or just hired a rapper to do it, like maybe, Lisa from Blackpink or even try to get a Doja Cat colab.

Presumably, Ryan Ashley was the one doing the first few rap verses but you can hear Kylie in the background before the Barbie verse. But there were verses that were clearly Kylie.

Or maybe this is not the final version of Hands?

Hold On to Now had a very different outro when it leaked awhile back without the choir ending.

I love the choir ending on HOTNess cry0 - it was such a good surprise…

Hands is one of those tracks that should have been a “one off” single, like Skirt. It just doesn’t fit on this album and even if they got a good remix of it, it would be baiting people into thinking “Tension” was a switch of style for Kylie. She should have held it back and presented it in 2024 with finished production around the tour for the Tour Edition.

3 hours ago, ajp said:

I love the choir ending on HOTNess cry0 - it was such a good surprise…

Hands is one of those tracks that should have been a “one off” single, like Skirt. It just doesn’t fit on this album and even if they got a good remix of it, it would be baiting people into thinking “Tension” was a switch of style for Kylie. She should have held it back and presented it in 2024 with finished production around the tour for the Tour Edition.

Yes the song was very left field for the album just like how Monday Poos was for Disco. Hands could have been given a different instrumentals, more electronic and slinkier to fit the album.

On 9/16/2023 at 11:32 PM, ajp said:

OK juicy1

On first listen, I’m liking it with some reservation. It’s not as instant as Disco or Golden was for me. There’s nothing new here. It’s Kylie just doing Kylie and that’s OK. I need a few more listens before I give a complete opinion. kylie6

I agrih it's not Kylie at her best, but still it's very good catchy pop album, its just screams that it was made with Vegas/Tour in mind.

I mean there is no possible way that Vegas High won't be a next single eve1

On 9/17/2023 at 12:41 AM, Disco Darling said:

It's a crime that Hands was not included in the Barbie OST. Could be the next single with a rap feature? Like an Ice Spice or, ick, a Nicki one?

ALSO, who did the first few rap verses, I know Kylie did some rap singing but there were verses that did not sound like her.

Tbh 10 of of Ken kinda could be a part of Barbie OST as Kenergy type of track with small lyrics change to: 

Body, ten
Touch, ten (Ooh, ooh)
Kenergy, ten
Ten out of ten
Body, ten
Touch, ten (Ooh, ooh)
Kenergy, ten
Ten out of ten

mad2

On 9/17/2023 at 1:51 AM, Disco Darling said:

After listening to the standard edition, I have to say, this is a more enjoyable album than Disco because there were no breaks in between songs of Disco as everything hits you in the face with an album full of bops where as Tension had a bit more relaxed tone to some songs. The writing of the 80's sounding songs is very Golden era and I love it.

HOWEVER, I'm pissed that she really included 0 out of 10 in the album because it's just ass. The sudden urge to delete that song and replace it with Beat of My Heart from KMO sessions is getting the best of me. Really Kylie? 10 out of 10 over Hello and Drum? I want to know who suggested her to do this because that person needs to get fired.

For me TENsion will definitely be higher than DisKo as it never won me over fully, Disco was kind of all of it on same note, it lacked at least one slower song and original album mix was horrendous. ngl extended mix edition helped me a lot to appreciate this album more, but im still okay with it for most part.

However it would explain why Green Light is really I think only one song so far from new album that i don't care much because it was literally taken from her Disco Demo folder and put in new album without any work done jj4

Apparently One More Time is also Disco outtake however it must have been reworked because it doesn't sound much like Disco, not to mention its probably my favorite track of this record ny5

I think they should put 10oo10, green light and Hands as bonus tracks and just put Hello, Drum and Piano on the album. The fact that this random collab and two random outtakes (Hands seems to be Disco outtake too) means that her label is horny for sales as they keep better tracks off to put on rerelease later and put random shit collab just to get few more streams and they had to fill space on album with something so they used demos from previous album ari8

9 hours ago, Disco Darling said:

Yes the song was very left field for the album just like how Monday Poos was for Disco. Hands could have been given a different instrumentals, more electronic and slinkier to fit the album.

Monday Poos  fall1

5 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

I agrih it's not Kylie at her best, but still it's very good catchy pop album, its just screams that it was made with Vegas/Tour in mind.

It is a good album - but I sometimes wish she would surprise us with something new especially keeping us waiting for 3 years. The feel of the album is going to age like milk unless she can give us a rethink during Vegas/Tour. 

With Las Vegas sold out, does she really need to promote it with a single release of VH? brit5

6 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

Also 2 songs from the albums sessions havung Vegas on the title is a lil giveaway eve1

24 minutes ago, ajp said:

It is a good album - but I sometimes wish she would surprise us with something new especially keeping us waiting for 3 years. The feel of the album is going to age like milk unless she can give us a rethink during Vegas/Tour. 

With Las Vegas sold out, does she really need to promote it with a single release of VH? brit5

Yeah yeah I love One More Time & Green Light and they wouldve been highlights on Disco but theyre pretty out of place on Tension. Im never believing this puta again when she says Slow is the blueprint kylie2