Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

No one able to break Madonna's record. why?

33 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I don't see Cyndi, Paula, Whitney, Mariah or even Janet coming close to these numbers :

June 27, 1987 Miami United States Orange Bowl 68,987 / 68,987

$1,597,473

July 18, 1987 Anaheim Anaheim Stadium 62,986 / 62,986 $1,417,185

August 9, 1987 East Rutherford Giants Stadium 51,000 / 51,000 $1,832,780

August 15, 1987 Leeds United Kingdom Roundhay Park 73,000 / 80,000 $490,210
August 18, 1987 London Wembley Stadium 216,000 / 216,000 $4,984,956
August 19, 1987
August 20, 1987
August 22, 1987 Frankfurt West Germany Waldstadion 51,981 / 51,981 $2,177,515

August 29, 1987 Paris France Parc de Sceaux 131,100 / 131,100 $1,989,234

- Biggest attendance to this day.

September 4, 1987 Turin Italy Stadio Comunale 63,127 / 63,127 $1,294,050

July 20, 1990 London England Wembley Stadium 225,000 / 225,000 $2,578,625

October 4, 1993 Tel Aviv Israel Hayarkon Park 80,000

-Biggest attendance to this day.

October 7, 1993 Istanbul Turkey İnönü Stadium 54,000

-Biggest attendance to this day.

October 23, 1993 Montreal Canada Olympic Stadium 51,900 $1,650,353

October 30, 1993 Buenos Aires Argentina River Plate Stadium 120,000  
October 31, 1993
November 3, 1993 São Paulo Brazil Estádio do Morumbi 86,000  
November 6, 1993 Rio de Janeiro Estádio do Maracanã 120,000

November 10, 1993 Mexico City Mexico Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez 137,234 $8,927,703

November 26, 1993 Melbourne Melbourne Cricket Ground 147,241

Sorry, but even during thes times, she was above all Pop stars touring wise, she was in the company of legend rock bands, Michael Jackson and Bruce.

That was fast. I think you broke a record there.

giphy.gif

OT. Madonna did earn her title as the queen of tours for a reason. Her shows are the strongest among all pop girls.

tumblr_inline_mt33g80otd1qfb043.gif

Just now, Jjang said:

She wasn't all that in the 90's yet she was still able to rack up 100k + people in one date, out-touring Whitney even during The Bodyguard era. How about you acknowledge them facts? coffee1

Everything you wrote is aside from the point ; acts like Janet being a great deal touring wise back then =/= Madonna not being the biggest touring force back then as well, which leads me to my point that contradicts your point ---> Her fan base's age has nothing to do with her touring success, she was always a massive draw.

her fanbase age (right now, NOT THEN) has to do with it. ignore all u want, facts are facts. i don't care if her stans hate to talk about the impact of age on stuffs, but it has a significant impact. 

she was a massive success, but others were as well. she wasn't the biggest, MJ existed in the 80's/90s sweetie. do not ever put -EST without running a reality check. 

2 minutes ago, light741 said:

giphy.gif

OT. Madonna did earn her title as the queen of tours for a reason. Her shows are the strongest among all pop girls.

not stronger than bey. Bey can sing live and hold her own if there was a blackout, madge depend on production way too much. 

3 minutes ago, Beaux said:

not stronger than bey. Bey can sing live and hold her own if there was a blackout, madge depend on production way too much. 

I'm talking about her visuals and the way she can create concepts on stage around her songs. Beyonce is a stronger dancer and singer.

5 minutes ago, Beaux said:

her fanbase age (right now, NOT THEN) has to do with it. ignore all u want, facts are facts. i don't care if her stans hate to talk about the impact of age on stuffs, but it has a significant impact. 

she was a massive success, but others were as well. she wasn't the biggest, MJ existed in the 80's/90s sweetie. do not ever put -EST without running a reality check. 

But 

1) You're still ignoring the fact that her attendance numbers are still higher than Bey's by 12k + a show if you compare the same amount of dates.

2) That she had 2 of the biggest female tours of the decade back in the 90's. 

3) I never said others were not a massive success, I'm just saying that they were not on the same level - which is what this thread is about.

Just now, Jjang said:

But 

1) You're still ignoring the fact that her attendance numbers are still higher than Bey's by 12k + if you compare the same amount of dates.

2) That she had 2 of the biggest female tours of the decade back in the 90's. 

3) I never said others were not a massive success, I'm just saying that they were not on the same level - which is what this thread is about.

This thread is about breaking madge record, and i gave you the reason why. You didn't like it because it pertains to age, i understand, but it is what it is. 

you've also got to take into account the time change and how the climate was very different back then, madge had a novelty privilege back then, her style was new and this contributed into her success, but once the other girls took notes, she had competition. the 90s was quite a time for her.

you've got also to take into account how you're placing her against black female artists, who had to break barriers to get even. it is unfair really. 

who cares about attendance, bey could have easily snatched that record y'all brag about if she really wanted to, but she is not that desperate. she is not, which means madge's record can be touched. even taylor can touch it with one of her next tours seeing she's white. like y'all have no arguments.

58 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I'm just not a fan of the what if contexts, it is what it is. Madonna could have added a lot more dates back then (the demand for Australia and more SA dates was insane at the time) but the truth is that before even going on a world tour their promoters already have a limited amount of dates planned according to the demand. That's why artists like Taylor / Bey only capitalize on USA/Europe where tax is lower and income is higher, they only tour places that promises them the highest profit according to the given demand / planned number of dates.

According to 49 dates

Beyonce's average : 45,800 attendance

Madonna's average : 58.000 attendance

Why are you being extra all i said is that Beyonce could have gotten closer to Madonna's record, plain and simple jj4

1 hour ago, Beaux said:

you know what i mean tho ;) 

Alas yes i do. Poor Riri, guess streaming cant get the people to go to your concerts

59 minutes ago, Tomás said:

why do old people have nice cars

End ha

6 minutes ago, Jjang said:

"By May 2011, the tour had grossed a total of US$227.4 million from the 200 reported shows, drawing an audience of 2.5 million, making it the highest-grossing tour in history by a debut headlining artist."

this is not the title @Philip talked about, this is not how it was worded. he talked about success. 

The Rhythm Nation World Tour, with an attendance of over two million patrons, remains the most successful debut tour by any recording artist.

Beyoncé‘s shows are in no way close to that of Madonna in terms of stage set-up, visuals, story-telling, etc.

Sorry, BeyHive. She may be a better performer but she simply doesn’t have the creative vision that Madonna has and most definitely not her intellect.

Bey is very comfortable recycling the same things for her tours.

2 minutes ago, Ursula said:

Beyoncé‘s shows are in no way close to that of Madonna in terms of stage set-up, visuals, story-telling, etc.

Sorry, BeyHive. She may be a better performer but she simply doesn’t have the creative vision that Madonna has and most definitely not her intellect.

Bey is very comfortable recycling the same things for her tours.

she, a black female artist, was close to snatch madge's record, with "less intellect" and "recycled things", she just didn't feel like it.  fall back ho. ny1 

@Jjang RN was JJ's debut tour, so her title is appropriate. gag's had the fame ball before TMB, so it was not her debut tour. check ha tour chronology. Janet remains bothered.

make sure where the "debut" word is placed in a sentence. thank you.

32 minutes ago, light741 said:

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Jjang said:

iQuKPP.gif

Omg world peace

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.