Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

No one able to break Madonna's record. why?

@Beaux The Girlie Show didn't even have a stage prop, just a platform. Yet it still received rave reviews + sold out stadiums in NA, Europe, SA, Asia & Occeania. sia2

For me, a performer's vision and his ability to tell a story is also put on the table when we're discussing a performer's merit. Yes Beyonce is more technical and vocally superior at what she does, but Madonna's reinventions and constent character development is what makes her such a unique performer. What would sound absolutely artistically atrocious on paper Madonna would be able to make it seem like a masterpiece on stage that makes perfect sense, that's her talent. 

8 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Omg really? I didn't know that! Of course dancing is part of performing. And that's the only part of performing skills Beyonce has: she and her army of dancers doing the same ass choreo recycled in a few different ways. Sadly, that doesn't make you a performer. Madonna involves a lot of acting in her performances and portrays the mood and the vibe of the song throughout the whole performance.

Sorry, but Beyonce's robotic performances that she tries to sell as black female power can't relate dead4

imagine that your opinion of bey as a performer matter that much. she gets compared to MJ, THE TOP, u hear me sweetie? fall back u too. your gaga can't even dance, that's why she broke ha hip, so what do u know about performing. u wish gaga was robotic like bey. HK3DOLa.gif

As soon as the tour was announced, tickets were sold out almost everywhere. In San Francisco, tour shirts were selling at a clocked rate of one every six seconds. All 17,672 tickets for Madonna's show at New York City's Radio City Music Hall were completely sold out in a record-breaking 34 minutes. Both the shows at Chicago's UIC Pavilion were sold in a single day with a record breaking 18,000 tickets being sold. In Philadelphia, record breaking 31,000 tickets were sold in under four hours. Along with ticket sales, merchandise associated with the tour also sold rapidly. T-shirts, posters and promo-magazines featuring Madonna's image were picked up by the fans, even though most them were overpriced compared to the market value

- About The Virgin Tour (1985).

Not her already milking her fans' money 33 years ago, her power. fall9

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

@Beaux The Girlie Show didn't even have a stage prop, just a platform. Yet it still received rave reviews + sold out stadiums in NA, Europe, SA, Asia & Occeania. sia2

For me, a performer's vision and his ability to tell a story is also put on the table when we're discussing a performer's merit. Yes Beyonce is more technical and vocally superior at what she does, but Madonna's reinventions and constent character development is what makes her such a unique performer. What would sound absolutely artistically atrocious on paper Madonna would be able to make it seem like a masterpiece on stage that makes perfect sense, that's her talent. 

madge is a good performer and she has visuals on lock, but i'm telling u bey is coming into that domain too, the bitch been telling stories and all. go see it. 

3 minutes ago, Beaux said:

imagine that your opinion of bey as a performer matter that much. she gets compared to MJ, THE TOP, u hear me sweetie? fall back u too. your gaga can't even dance, that's why she broke ha hip, so what do u know about performing. u wish gaga was robotic like bey. HK3DOLa.gif

She is compared to them, because she is overrated orangu1

Madonna gives a whole message executed through acting, dancing, stage props, while Beynce just dances in front of you orangu1

Lmfao @ you thinking you can press me with Gaga. I've already stated that tours are her weakest side. Bye orangu1

5 minutes ago, Ursula said:

Someone tell me again why a joint album of two of the biggest artists is flopping?

They are even promoting it with a tour. Why is it not outselling Adele?

cBiUmTA.gif

why did janet outsell madge's last alberm? i thought she was the queen of pop 

HK3DOLa.gif

why is the queen of pop not outselling adele? 

HK3DOLa.gif

EIL flopped cuz it was jayz on it, i guarantee u ha solo album will knock you out.

1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

She is compared to them, because she is overrated orangu1

Madonna gives a whole message executed through acting, dancing, stage props, while Beynce just dances in front of you orangu1

Lmfao @ you thinking you can press me with Gaga. I've already stated that tours are her weakest side. Bye orangu1

maybe you can take your lil spammy ass with @Jjang and go watch bey recent tours on YT, and see what stories she been telling then come back. she is beyond the beyonce experience days. 

bye, take the door with ya.

Just now, Beaux said:

madge is a good performer and she has visuals on lock, but i'm telling u bey is coming into that domain too, the bitch been telling stories and all. go see it. 

I've watched Bey live & I've watched Madge live (not in her peak, unfortunately due to my young age) and I've analyzed their shows from scratch. I know what I'm talking about. oprah14

Formation tour does have a back story, actually, but the story is presented by the interludes / the way the show is sectioned, ironically by her visuals, not by what she presents on stage through her showmanship. That's the key difference between the two, It's obvious that one is a visionary while the other is an extremely talented performer (again, at what she does) who has an army of people that pick ideas for her, it's really, really easy to pick that up. Madonna is more progressive as a performer while Bey follows a more traditional route. 

I don't even have anything against Bey, lol, she's my 3rd fave female performer after Madonna & Tina Turner.

4 minutes ago, Beaux said:

maybe you can take your lil spammy ass with @Jjang and go watch bey recent tours on YT, and see what stories she been telling then come back. she is beyond the beyonce experience days. 

bye, take the door with ya.

I swear hes like a parasite

Just now, Jjang said:

I've watched Bey live & I've watched Madge live (not in her peak, unfortunately due to my young age) and I've analyzed their shows from scratch. I know what I'm talking about. oprah14

Formation tour does have a back story, actually, but the story is presented by the interludes / the way the show is sectioned, ironically by her visuals, not by what she presents on stage through her showmanship. That's the key difference between the two, It's obvious that one is a visionary while the other is an extremely talented performer (again, at what she does) who has an army of people that pick ideas for her, it's really, really easy to pick that up. Madonna is more progressive as a performer while Bey follows a more traditional route. 

I don't even have anything against Bey, lol, she's my 3rd fave female performer after Madonna & Tina Turner.

they're different. thanks for being factual and actually caring enough to give credits to bey. i know you're not as biased as kevin who downsized bey to a black britney. 

madge has always relied on visuals and she's the best at it. she relies on what captivates your eyes visually. bey relies on her performing skills, so she takes away from the visuals.

both have armies behind them, i've watched enough madge BTS tour vids, jjang we won't today, bey is also very involved in her tours, the bitch is a demanding diva BTS when it comes to her tours, she has an input.  this " pick idea for her" works when u drag her for writing. it doesn't work with her tours cuz bey is very religious about her image, she cares about looking flawless and knows what works for her.

4 minutes ago, P.E.T.E.R. said:

I swear hes like a parasite

not here for him anyway,  kevin and jjang are doing good job at taking my attention rnHK3DOLa.gif

Isn’t interesting how the BeyHive feel like mediators on this forum and have to clock everyone for their stan wars, yet when it comes down to their overrated fave, they are ready to sting?

Not this time, sweeties. Bey is not safe from draggings in here. 

40 minutes ago, Beaux said:

they're different. thanks for being factual and actually caring enough to give credits to bey. i know you're not as biased as kevin who downsized bey to a black britney. 

madge has always relied on visuals and she's the best at it. she relies on what captivates your eyes visually. bey relies on her performing skills, so she takes away from the visuals.

both have armies behind them, i've watched enough madge BTS tour vids, jjang we won't today, bey is also very involved in her tours, the bitch is a demanding diva BTS when it comes to her tours, she has an input.  this " pick idea for her" works when u drag her for writing. it doesn't work with her tours cuz bey is very religious about her image, she cares about looking flawless and knows what works for her.

I know you're in it for some legitimate discussions, that's why I bother in the first place with people like you instead of just trolling like I do with @light741 lmao

Statements like this annoy the living crap out of me, the only time she relied on visuals is literally The Rebel Heart Tour. Have you ever taken into consideration the fact that she literally has 4 tours with no screens / extremely flashy visuals / stage props? The Girlie Show is probably the Pop concert that relies the least on gimmicks and screen visuals in Pop history and it just happens to be my favorite tour from her and what I view as an artistically triumphant piece. jj3

It's a very subtle point to make but I'll attempt anyway...

Madonna doesn't use props / visuals to hide, she uses it to elevate her game, to challenge herself artistically and physically as a performer. Even in 2012 with the MDNA tour stage lifts, she didn't use those extremely intricate screens to just hide behind them (take for example Lady Gaga renting a massive castle just so she can use it as a pathway for her to change clothes, with no artistic value whatsoever), she made them part of her craft, the second she laid her foot on stage she entered a complex program and if she missed a step or a beat she could seriously injure herself or even result in death. That to me is a commendable manner of which you can merge your art with technology (something Madonna always excelled at) and that's what makes her such an interesting artist to witness live. 

Think about it this way, all of the bullshit Gaga spew about "what ARTPOP really means!!!" Madonna actually embodied for nearly 30 years as a performer, that's really it.

Of course Madonna has an army behind as well but what I'm saying is that she's the one that comes up with the vision and if it's not executed correctly she's to blame, that's not the situation with Bey as she doesn't provide the vision for her show and it showcases with how the performance is presented. You can tell by their gestures / facial expressions / the choreo that Madonna is trying to convey something while Beyonce is just doing what she does best while relying on the screen behind her (which was really, let's be honest, a complete vision provided by her brilliant team) to do the visual work.

18 minutes ago, Beaux said:

The Madonna stans acting like Madonna is doing Broadway on her tours orangu1

She's just singing off key and doing mediocre dancing while slay visuals are behind her, they need to chill rip3 

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

The Madonna stans acting like Madonna is doing Broadway on her tours orangu1

She's just singing off key and doing mediocre dancing while slay visuals are behind her, they need to chill rip3 

Shouldn't you be busy jerking off to Justin Bieber's stage boner or something

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.