Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Atlantis Princess

Is Future Nostalgia the Teenage Dream of the 2020s ?

-Both released in the first year of the decade

-Both are overwhelmingly enjoyed by pop enthusiasts (the gays) 

-Both served longetivity on the charts 

-Both follow the classis formula of album rollouts 

-Future Nostalgia is shaping up to have 5 (or more) singles like TD

-Both seemed to influence where pop music should go from now on

-Both have an iconic album cover that represents the album 

Discuss brit16

The industry has changed A LOT since “Teenage Dream”.

So much so that the only fair way you can compare

an album released this year and 10 years ago

is by the music only. 

”Teenage Dream” is Katy’s most iconic and most successful era,

but I don’t think “Future Nostalgia” is Dua’s peak era. She’s just getting started. 

Kinda but like Future Nostalgia is not even comparable to the sales success than was Teenage Dream.

1989 was the last TD-like era, with an endless string of hits & excessive sales.

I think the next Ariana Grande album, it more pop, will be a TD era. Surprising too because it’ll be her Sixth album, which is huge.

FN is still a great era. But Dua ain’t peaking yet

TD sweetie im so sorry 

pls FN’s impact is literally just one song.  Dont get me wrong,  the album is good but its not THAT good dead2 one of the most overrated albums ever tbh dead2 

47 minutes ago, Gilly said:

one of the most overrated albums ever tbh dead2 

Kinda agree but idk i see this album being talked about in a few years as the album that started the 2020s with a bang bringing pop to its 'pure'  form. It's already talked about like that now.

36 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Kinda agree but idk i see this album being talked about in a few years as the album that started the 2020s with a bang bringing pop to its 'pure'  form. It's already talked about like that now.

I think maybe its cause im from the USA, so this album doesnt really feel big or impactful to me dead2 

2 hours ago, Joanne said:

Kinda but like Future Nostalgia is not even comparable to the sales success than was Teenage Dream.

1989 was the last TD-like era, with an endless string of hits & excessive sales.

I think the next Ariana Grande album, it more pop, will be a TD era. Surprising too because it’ll be her Sixth album, which is huge.

FN is still a great era. But Dua ain’t peaking yet

couldn't agree more 

1 hour ago, Kenya said:

Dua will never touch the success of TD with FN. The girlies are really not doing it like that anymore tbh. 

None ever will...

FN is better album, cohesive and enjoyable 

Teenage Dream had few good songs, better promo and radio support in the States... two different eras and different times

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.