Snow

Is Lizzo over?

ab67616d0000b2737bb9f03ad65d1bd0b656fe68

Lizzo kicked off her new era with her new lead single, "About Damn Time", earlier this week.

It's been 8 months since "Rumors" dropped and 3 years since her last solo hit ("Good as Hell"). Her new single is well-received by fans, but it's not doing too hot. "About Damn Time" is currently sitting at No. 130 on the US Spotify Daily chart. 

Do you think Lizzo is still capable of getting another hit with this era or is her new era doomed?

I legit forgot about this song which is sad cause this song just came out brit10

Anyways, it sure feels like it honestly. I don't want it to be true cause I did enjoy her last album. She needs a more unique song with a unique sound cause this isn't working for her.

If this song does not do well, I don't see her being a big htimaker. Might become kind of a novelty type artist which is a shame because she's VERY talented.

However... her music quality has declined with each release. Her older music from 2015-2016 is fantastic and Cuz I Love You was a mixed bag. She has yet to top Good As Hell or Juice IMO. 

The problem with Lizzo is that her rise to prominence happened because of viral attention, not a pure love of her music. Truth Hurts and then Good As Hell smashed because they went viral and were designed to work that way. They were songs structured for that kind of attention. She isn’t making those sorts of songs anymore, nor was she really before those songs. Her audience wasn’t comprised of fans as much as it was comprised of just people on the internet gravitating toward a trending song. The sort of audience doesn’t stick around long term. 

She can't really be over though as she was never established in the first place. She hasn't had a successful solo single roll out. Her only hits are songs that she released, flopped and then became viral years later. And they were pretty local hits at that.

3 hours ago, GlenCoco said:

brit11  Tbh i haven't heard a single song from here

and I'm not interested to do so 

so idk 

Give Juice a listen! brit16

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

It's #7 on Spotify now. So you spoke too soon fall8

The song is going viral on TikTok it seems. Genuinely surprised tbh. 

On 4/19/2022 at 1:34 PM, GlenCoco said:

brit11  Tbh i haven't heard a single song from here

and I'm not interested to do so 

so idk 

have you really not heard any of the singles from her last album? brit11 

Truth Hurts, juice, Boys, Good as Hell ft Ariana, etc brit11 

Tbh I don't really see her coming back with a smash. Maybe she'll hit a nerve again at some point? Maybe with this album if there's a song that goes viral again, or maybe with her next endeavor. Idk. 

On 5/7/2022 at 2:55 AM, Chris said:

have you really not heard any of the singles from her last album? brit11 

Truth Hurts, juice, Boys, Good as Hell ft Ariana, etc brit11 

nope 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whalezzo is so uninteresting I’m not giving her my streams. 

The problem with Lizzo is that her rise to prominence happened because of viral attention, not a pure love of her music. Truth Hurts and then Good As Hell smashed because they went viral and were desi

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.