Aion

The Festive Lounge

Reading some tea on Dreamlover! Apparently Mariah wanted her choreographer Diane Martel to direct the video so she did! She later directed some of her other videos as well including AIWFCIY, My All, The Roof etc etc and became a hugeee successful music video director directing videos for Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Nicki etc etc 

Mariah HUMBLE queen handing out careers like that! yas1 

I just wanted to say that Rainbow isn't a terrible album. If we cut it down to about 4 or 5 songs, it could be a flawless EP. My main problem with Rainbow is that it's overrated so much by stans even though it's a basic and messy album compared to most of Mariah's other albums. Rainbow had potential to be a great album but instead it got filled up with unnecessary filler and trash songs because Mariah wanted to get out of her contract as soon as possible. If Mariah had taken more time with it and developed a better concept, it could have turned out great.

#SkylineDISCUSSES

TR1vlPw.gif

3 hours ago, Skyline said:

I just wanted to say that Rainbow isn't a terrible album. If we cut it down to about 4 or 5 songs, it could be a flawless EP. My main problem with Rainbow is that it's overrated so much by stans even though it's a basic and messy album compared to most of Mariah's other albums. Rainbow had potential to be a great album but instead it got filled up with unnecessary filler and trash songs because Mariah wanted to get out of her contract as soon as possible. If Mariah had taken more time with it and developed a better concept, it could have turned out great.

#SkylineDISCUSSES

TR1vlPw.gif

Do stans really overrate this album? oprah8 I mean, I think a few people didn't like the low scores I gave some songs on the listening thread, but I always thought people saw it as a good album. Not her greatest, but not her worst.

That being said – you right. Mariah rushed the hell out of this album. There's basically three iterations of Heartbreaker on there (original, remix, and the interlude which just uses interpolations of Heartbreaker lyrics). Interludes are a waste of space, especially when Rainbow should have been a full length song if she'd tried longer with it. There are 3 or 4 basic-ass R&B/Hip-Hop songs on there that sound like they could have been sung by anybody. I understand she desperately wanted to get out of her contract, but I think if she gave it one more year, she could have released a more solid album. There are already 3 or 4 stellar tracks on there.

It's just a shame considering Butterfly was such a monumental album. I wish we got something as intimate and well-produced as its successor.

17 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Do stans really overrate this album? oprah8 I mean, I think a few people didn't like the low scores I gave some songs on the listening thread, but I always thought people saw it as a good album. Not her greatest, but not her worst.

That being said – you right. Mariah rushed the hell out of this album. There's basically three iterations of Heartbreaker on there (original, remix, and the interlude which just uses interpolations of Heartbreaker lyrics). Interludes are a waste of space, especially when Rainbow should have been a full length song if she'd tried longer with it. There are 3 or 4 basic-ass R&B/Hip-Hop songs on there that sound like they could have been sung by anybody. I understand she desperately wanted to get out of her contract, but I think if she gave it one more year, she could have released a more solid album. There are already 3 or 4 stellar tracks on there.

It's just a shame considering Butterfly was such a monumental album. I wish we got something as intimate and well-produced as its successor.

Not really the stans on FOTP, I was referring to other Mariah fans I've met on other forums.

Mariah was probably tired of Tommy Motola (which was understandable) so she wanted to get out of that contract as soon as possible. The problem is that it resulted in a sub-par album that had potential to be much stronger. I guess my other main issue is that certain songs like like copies of her older songs. For example, Heartbreaker (original) sounds like a Fantasy 2.0, Thank God I Found You sounds like a One Sweet Day 2.0 and After Tonight sounds like a My All 2.0. Even though some of these songs are good, I feel that Mariah was retreading the same sort of songs as she did before. Perhaps this was another way of trying to get the album finished but it makes the album sound sub-par and rushed.

Butterfly was so much better and it's a shame that she followed it up with one of her weakest albums. Rainbow could have been so much more developed.

TR1vlPw.gif

22 hours ago, Skyline said:

#SkylineDISCUSSES

TR1vlPw.gif

nobody overrates this album what you talking about, but I agree for the most part we know that it was a quick album she threw together with the stuff she was working on for All That Glitters to get out of her contract but honestly considering that it's not as bad as SOME (aka you) people make it out to be. It's quite enjoyable tbh I bop it to occasionally I think the lyrics are okay, the music is good, the vocals are prolly my fav and it's her most HOOD and realest record imo

TR1vlPw.gif

2 hours ago, Sylk said:

nobody overrates this album what you talking about, but I agree for the most part we know that it was a quick album she threw together with the stuff she was working on for All That Glitters to get out of her contract but honestly considering that it's not as bad as SOME (aka you) people make it out to be. It's quite enjoyable tbh I bop it to occasionally I think the lyrics are okay, the music is good, the vocals are prolly my fav and it's her most HOOD and realest record imo

TR1vlPw.gif

Some fans do overrate it though, especially the ones who drag Charmbracelet even though it's a much better album than Rainbow. Some of the ballads on the album are great but there aren't many bops that I like (apart from Heartbreaker). A lot of the songs just sound basic and uninspired so they don't interest me enough to listen to them. To be honest, a lot of the songs on Rainbow are on the level of To The Floor or lower. Say Somethin' is also better than half of Rainbow and that's the tea on that.

TR1vlPw.gif

1 minute ago, Maraj said:

omfg did you just retweet this? i could've sworn i saw this earlier, i'm screaming. lmfao2 

I just did! I saw it and cackled SO hard lmfao1 that is ME

1 minute ago, Parker said:

This old lady lmfao1

yes that's me